As part of a collaborative and motivated industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
Service of Accounts
- Abeyances - Ensure abeyance items are reviewed/completed on a daily basis and reassign dates as necessary
- Certificates - Coordinates issuance of insurance certificates with client and assigned Process Analyst
- Tracking - Renewal and Change Documents - Prepare tracking sheets and update until all documents have been received and delivered to the insured
- Clients Operations - Develop and maintain basic understanding of clients operations
- Correspondence - Prepare correspondence to insured, brokers and markets as required
- Day to day service of assigned clients - Handle telephone calls, inquiries, coverage changes, review and disbursement of documentation, etc.
- Proof read and edits - All documentation thoroughly prior to sending to the insured or broker, demonstrating a level of attention to detail
- Renewal Process - Handle the renewal process as delegated to
Handle all surety dealings with the clients and underwriters for Windsor book of business and Burlington book of business
- This includes completion of all bonds, submitting to surety’s and sending to clients. Including electronic bonding
Ensure renewal process is started on time so timelines can be met if required
- Gather and prepare information to be sent to the insured
- Request updated claims information
Accounting Discrepancies - Investigate and track accounting discrepancies; review and update accounts receivables for Account Manager. Follow-up with client for outstanding receivables if time permits
- Binders, reports, proposals, etc. - prepare as required
- Organize files according to Aon and the Department's protocol as applicable
- Update client and policy information in Xpress (new/changes/renewal);
- Maintain clear documentation
- Meet turn-around time requirements for documentation processin
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Post Secondary diploma or degree is preferred
- Completed or in-progress Insurance courses beneficial
- Successful attainment of RIBO licence required within the first 3 months of employment
- Industry experience considered a definite asset
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.