The Lab Automation group in Thermo Fisher is seeking an experienced lab automation engineer to join our field based sales team. We are looking for experienced professionals to utilize their laboratory robotics technical knowledge and skills to work side by side with our customers to create innovative and customized solutions. The primary role is to support the local customer base and to develop and build partnerships to grow the business. This position is a commissionable field based direct sales position to work in a specified geographical region (Managing the greater Boston market)
What will you do:
You will be responsible for providing application based workflow analysis, system configuration, throughput analysis and quotations as it pertains to Thermo Fisher’s products and services. You will support our existing customers as well as acquire new customers. The position will challenge you to grow your knowledge and expertise in this area as you are exposed to a vast number of complex applications from world leading biotech and pharma companies.
- Actively working with Sales Management on developing the territory, key account management techniques and forecasting tools.
- Provide application based workflow analysis by interpreting procedures provided by the customer.
- Integration consultation consisting of system configurations, instrumentation selection, throughputs, layouts, quotations and customer expectations.
- Develop high level technical specification and operational presentations to support each customers customized solution.
- Nurture partnership relationships between the customer and the Lab Automation group to assure successful pre- and post-sale implementation.
- Expertise in demonstrating Momentum scheduling software as it relates to customer specifications.
- Participate and contribute on integrations that require Factory and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Expand and grow automation knowledge base and customer relationships.
How will you get there:
To fill this position successfully you have a profound technical experience in lab automation. You have already worked in a life science automation role, where you have demonstrated knowhow and success with your direct hands-on experience in programming and managing either liquid handling robotic workstations or larger integration systems. Direct sales experience is not a requirement, you will be working as a team member where your automation experience is nurtured and tested to its limits.
- BA / BS Degree Required, degree in Sciences/Engineering preferred
- Need a strong technical understanding of automation as I relates to the life science field
- At least 3 plus years of experience programming and managing lab automation projects and/or liquid handling robotic platforms
- Working knowledge of integration and scheduling software with any LIMS integration being a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills are required as this position represents the ‘face’ of our lab automation group and is the direct interface with the customer base.
- Ability to manage large diverse groups as it relates to customers automation and our own internal teams.
- Domestic travel can range between different territories from 35-70% of the year with some international travel.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.