Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our client helps organizations globally to build trust and speed into their business by matching the Speed of PrivacyOps to the Speed of Dev/BusinessOps
The role requires you to think critically and design with the first principles. You should be comfortable with multiple moving parts, microservices architecture, de-coupled services, and multi-threaded programming. Given you are constructing the core foundation on which the whole system will be built - you need to pay very close attention to detail and have a forward-thinking outlook while maintaining scrappiness for the present needs. You are very comfortable learning new technologies, and systems. You thrive in an iterative but heavily test-driven development environment.
- Design and build the core services, infrastructure, and system architecture
- Experiment, prototype, measure, and make data-driven technology stack decisions
- Implement web-services, business-logic, APIs for the Relyance product interface
- Design and build the Relyance Intelligence Engine’s data pipelines, and machine learning infrastructure
- Help improve engineering standards, tooling, and process
You Are A Good Fit If
- Have strong hands-on programming experience in either C++ (14/20), Python 3.X, or GO
- Note: Languages/Tools can be learned. We care more about solid foundational engineering skills rather than a particular language or framework
- Have experience building in REST APIs, Websockets, SQL/No-SQL Databases (MongoDB), message queues, distributed caches, data pipelines
- Enjoy building distributed/scalable backend infrastructure with a microservices-first design
- Are extremely comfortable crafting elegant multi-threaded programs, and services
- Have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Hold yourself to a very high bar for production system quality
- Love to demonstrate, and incrementally build 100% confidence in all the layers/components you develop.
- Have a deep sense of appreciation for test-driven methodology
- Are unafraid of the unknowns, can handle many moving parts