This role requires someone who has advanced technical skills and experience in designing, developing, and deploying Business Intelligence and Data Analytics solutions, using Microsoft’s BI solutions (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and PowerBI). This role will also be required to develop expertise in other technologies as needed to address new business needs and support new initiatives.
This is hybrid role that will require both technical skills as well as the ability to work directly with the business to understand requirements and business needs and then return with recommended solutions. S/he must have an operational, get stuff done attitude towards delivery and a proven track record of improving the business’ ability to make data driven decisions. In short, the candidate must be goal oriented, innovative, analytic, collaborative, a strong communicator, and partnership minded in the determination and delivery of Business Intelligence solutions for Panavision’s businesses.
Serve as the solution architect, technical lead, and principal developer on Business Intelligence solutions
- Architect, design, develop and deploy Business Intelligence/Data Analytics solutions to improve Panavision’s ability to perform data analytics and make data driven decisions
- Design and develop Data Lake and/or Data Warehouse solutions
- Design and develop ETL/ELT processes using SSIS
- Design and develop Data Analysis solutions using SSAS
- Design and deploy data reporting and visualizations using SSRS and PowerBI
- As needed, deliver engineering support for QlikView implementation utilized by a Panavision subsidiary
- Provide level of effort (LOE) estimates and timelines for development work
- Create, write and perform Unit Tests, Component Tests, and Scenario Tests
- Mentor other team members on best practices, design concepts and technical skills in the development of Business Intelligence solutions
- Continuously develop knowledge and expertise of new functionality in existing solutions and new technologies available to support Business Intelligence/Data Analytics needs
- Participate in team and project meetings
- Performs other related duties as assigned
5+ years of experience developing Business Intelligence/Data Analytics solutions using the Microsoft SQL Server platform (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, and/or SSRS)
- Experience designing, developing and deploying Data Warehouse data models
- Experience designing, developing and deploying ETL/ELT processes
- Experience designing, developing and deploying custom reports and/or dashboards
- Experience using Source Code Management tools, such as TFS (preferred), Git or Subversion
- Ability to effectively work directly with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and ensure technical solutions meet the business needs
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills/Experience Desired:
- Experience with the Azure Analytics solutions
- Experience with other Business Intelligence/Data Analytics platforms, such as Snowflake
- Experience supporting business users in multiple countries
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with the Microsoft Common Data Service
- Experience as a member of a team using Agile Scrum
- Must be very organized and detail-oriented, a confident team player that enjoys collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, CS and/or Engineering
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel:
This position works standard business hours but may require long hours and some weekend work.Some out-of-state / country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.