Are you inspired to help customers empower their employees to do great work using the devices and apps they love? Come and help us transform the Modern Workplace using intelligent cloud security to create a workplace that is loved by users, loved by IT and trusted by all.
Sales execution: Leads team to develop strategies that help the team to understand customer business needs; orchestrate stakeholders in order to drive and close opportunities and expand the relationship with customers/partners.
Scaling and Collaboration: Guides team to build a network of partners to cross-sell and up-sell and coaches team to learn about and apply the orchestration model
Technical Expertise: Acts as spokesperson in Microsoft events and coaches on business and market knowledge
Sales Excellence: Builds and transforms new markets; participates in planning; guides team in identifying potential business in the assigned territory; oversees the end-to-end business across geographical regions; completes required training and obtains relevant product and role certifications aligned to the role and workload/industry
Managerial and Leadership: Attracts, develop, and retains talent; delivers results through teamwork, acts as role model for MS values, and commits to performance management
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Brings impactful industry insights into customer engagements and helps close deals with customers. Acts as a thought leader in digital transformation across solution areas to advise customers and represent Microsoft, and coaches others internally on how to do this. Leads transformational shifts to drive deployment and create business value for customers. Leads a virtual cross-organizational team on strategic projects and high impact solution sales deployments that enable digital transformation and deliver business value. May lead partner integration into account/territory planning and customer engagements.
- Leads their teams to identify and track new opportunities. Leverages stakeholders (e.g., Customer Success team unit, account-aligned team unit, Specialist Team Unit, One Commercial Partner organization) to build pipeline within the territory. Coaches team members on interfacing with prospective customers to build network. Applies Microsoft's sales process (MSP) to determine the quality of the opportunity and whether to proceed, and educate the customers on how to best address their needs.
- Coaches their team to collaborate with partners and other internal teams (e.g., Technical Sales Professionals, Global Black Belts) and to engage customers to drive consumption and provides guidance on how to grow customer business.
- Guides and orchestrates their team on communicating with customers to understand their business needs or participates in customer interactions with the team. Coaches the team on the development of solutions. Oversees the team in creating solutions in collaboration with partners or technical resources and peers to meet customer needs.
- Collaborates with other managers to support their team and/or other teams (e.g., account team unit (ATU), specialists team unit (STU)) to identify and engage internal and external senior business or subject matter decision makers. Proactively builds external stakeholder's mapping and represents their team internally at Microsoft as they engage other internal stakeholders.
- Communicates strategies to their team to accelerate the closing of deals. Contributes input on strategies to drive and close prioritized opportunities. Ensures their team execute deal plans that are aligned with account strategy. Coaches others on the implementation of close plans (e.g., how to map timeline, engage the customer, get customer buy-in and commitment) to de-risk and drive predictable deal closure.
Scaling and Collaboration
- Guides their team to build a network of partners to cross-sell and up-sell. Helps the team identify new partners and evaluate partner capabilities. Communicates partner strategies to the team and ensures execution. Provides input and feedback to One Commercial Partner (OCP) on developing partner strategies and building partner capabilities.
- Coaches their team to learn about and apply the orchestration model. Facilitates internal communication and collaboration by identifying resources and removing barriers.
- Supports their team on participating in Microsoft events. Contributes to setting up the events and promoting best practice sharing across subsidiaries.
- Initiates conversations with prospective customers/partners at events to expand external network. Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more solution area(s).
- Coaches their team on business and market knowledge. Coaches team on ways to collaborate internally to position Microsoft products, solutions, and/or services against competitors. Provides advice and industry expertise to help their team connect Microsoft solutions to customer business impact.
- Collaborates with partners and resources and leverages customer insights or industry knowledge. Contributes to exploring business and emerging opportunities to optimize the portfolio and support customer innovation.
- Guides their team on ensuring customer/partner satisfaction and facilitates the resolution of sales/delivery issues. Reviews feedback report and establishes recovery action plans to improve clients' overall experience.
- Participates in regular strategic planning for their assigned territory. Review plans via Rhythm of Business (ROB) meetings and aligns the plans of their team across departments. Guides team to align their approach with sales excellence team.
- Guides their team in business analysis (e.g., whitespace analysis, identify industry trends) and supports the team to identify potential business in the assigned territory. Acts as a thought leader and clears opinions and perspectives from business analysis.
- Oversees the end-to-end business of the assigned territory. Ensures their team meet sales targets and operational standards and maintains the health of metrics within the assigned territory.
- Completes required training and obtains relevant product and role certifications aligned to the role and workload/industry. Mentors/coaches the team on growing knowledge on sales or products and ensures the team complete training and obtain certifications as required. Seek additional learning opportunities and prioritize to enhance effectiveness.
- Embody our culture and values
Sales execution: SKILLED IN: leveraging stakeholders to build pipeline; coaching team to build their customer network; driving the implementation of strategies and the collaboration with the account team leading team on ways to implement and share close plans engaging with C-Suite decision makers
Scaling and Collaboration: SKILLED IN: leading team to identify and evaluating new partners; facilitating and leading internal communication and collaboration by identifying resources and removing barriers; contributing to the development of an orchestration model.
Technical Expertise: SKILLED IN: contributing solution expertise to content for events; providing expertise to customers/partner; and leading team's internal collaboration to position products, solutions, and/or services against competitors.
Sales Excellence SKILLED IN leveraging technical and industry expertise, partners, and resources; leading team to explore business and emerging opportunities; driving team to meet sales targets and operational standards; interacting with Corporate leadership and senior-level stakeholders.
Managerial and Leadership SKILLED In Helping employees develop skills and support their career interests; supporting mentorship and succession planning; driving results by partnering and collaborating with other teams and leveraging others in relevant work streams; establishing and communicating performance expectations; identifying performance gaps and monitoring performance to ensure plans are met
Additional preferred capabilities
- working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings - including Microsoft 365, Office 365
- knowledge of managing hardware pipeline and selling devices, including Surface, Hub, and MTR, to enterprise customers
- Master's degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or related field AND 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field AND 8+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR 9+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 4+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- 4+ years of solution or services sales experience.
- 1+ year(s) of people management experience.
- Page Break
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Account Management
- Business Acumen
- Business Knowledge
- Business Relationship Management
- Challenger Mindset
- Change Management
- Competitive Intelligence
- Conflict Resolution
- Consultative Selling
- Decision Making
- English Language Proficiency
- Executive Relationships
- Financial Analysis
- Market Knowledge
- Microsoft Consulting Services
- Microsoft Product Knowledge
- Microsoft Support Services
- Operational Excellence
- Opportunity/Deal Orchestration
- Problem Solving
- Sales Strategy
- Sell-With Partners
- Technical Communication
- Technical Sales
- Technical Solutions
- Technology Industry Knowledge
- Trusted Technical Advisor
- Written Communication
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.