Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 10 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Sales Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the cloud first world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 70B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Investing in People – A well-funded and world-class Sales Strategy and Enablement Team to help you succeed. Sales process, practical methods and training to help you ramp faster and close larger deals as companies accelerate their move to the cloud.
Supportive Leadership – An industry leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that will help you succeed quickly, while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
As a Zscaler Sales Systems Engineer, you and your Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for helping clients transform their network and application access approach by presenting the Zscaler platform to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
To accomplish this, the Sales Systems Engineer must have a strong technical foundation and a desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable solution design. The sales engineer will act as a trusted technical and business advisor to our clients while aiding the customer's transformational journey.
In addition to possessing a strong technical foundation, this role will require strong communication skills, strategic account management, relationship building skills and a combination of hunter and farmer sales skills to be successful. Limited travel outside the region, as needed.
Expectations of Sales Systems Engineer:
- You are the technical expert who best understands, articulates and evangelizes the Zscaler approach to transforming the way users access private applications and the Internet.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Your presentations and demos for prospects, partners and customers are crisp, informative, and tailored to your audience, be they executives, architects or operators.
- You will connect with peers throughout Zscaler to learn, contribute, and share best practices.
- You own the technical sales process from stem to stern, working in tandem with your regional sales manager to identify, qualify and scope opportunities, build and maintain an account and territory plans, and execute proof of concept engagements as needed to convert opportunities into technical victories.
- You're constantly building and maintaining strong relationships with key customer stakeholders as well as the reseller partners and internal Zscaler resources who all contribute to the success of your customers.
- BSCS or equivalent and 4+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator/ Senior Systems Engineer
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience selling to the enterprise customer.
- Knowledge of enterprise network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web security technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/TLS, GRE and IPsec tunneling, DNS, loadbalancing, SD-WAN, VPN's, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS), detection of Advanced Threats, malware detonation/sandboxing, killchain, and analytics.
- Proven hands-on experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, macOS, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior GPO, Active Directory/LDAP and SSO/SAML experience desirable)
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting;
- You have worked with Channel partners and have a solid understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach.
- You understand SaaS based technologies and their implications for the enterprise.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under pressure.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.