Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. FCI began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and level measurement applications for industrial process and plant applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement technology.
From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom engineered products and systems, FCI provides world leading experience and a record of unequaled innovation to meet or exceed our customer application demands. Complimenting FCI product leadership is a world class Flow and Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are performed in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable equipment and instrumentation.
Currently, we are seeking an Inside Sales & Applications Specialist 1 within our Sales Division.
Working under general direction of the Director of Sales or Inside Sales/Applications Supervisor, this position contributes to the commercial growth and profitability goals of the company by providing inside sales and applications guidance and product solution recommendations to customers and sales partners. The position is the key liaison between the factory and external, independent sales agents and customers for pre-sale through order fulfillment activities, including resolution of commercial issues. The position also aligns closely with FCI regional sales managers to achieve sales goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position)
65% to 95% Sales and Applications Support, and Commercial Responsibilities:
- Interpret customers’ applications, installations, and specification requirements to recommend appropriate FCI product solutions.
- Timely and accurate responses to customer and sales partner inquiries (written, emailed, website, telephone) about product selection and suitability, price, and delivery
- Utilize and be proficient with FCI sales tools, including application evaluation software, Syteline business system, CRM, websites, etc. to be able to efficiently and effectively deliver customer support from initial inquiry through delivery.
Use technical and business judgment to assess whether a non-standard product sales opportunity (i.e. special need) may be feasible and worth pursuing, and if so to bring to attention of supervisor.
- Interface and cooperate effectively with internal departments and staff, such as sales, production planning, manufacturing, engineering, QA, accounting, legal, repair, etc. as needed to confirm the feasibility and interest of the company to meet special product design or performance needs, non-standard commercial terms, scheduling, testing, QA criteria, and/or documentation.
- Coordinate with sales order entry staff to ensure correct entry of non-standard product and/or customer requirements to ensure proper order fulfillment, delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure resolution and timely implementation of pre-order and post-order/pre-shipment challenges such as technical modifications, order status changes and commercial terms or agreements.
- Stay current with, and seek out continual education opportunities on, served industries’ processes, engineering best practices, applicable standards, and competitors.
- Adhere to company policies and sales department procedures
- Provide training to and education of field personnel on how to successfully apply company products and services to a wide range of industries and application opportunities.
- Perform as, or work closely with, project managers on complicated commercial orders.
- Participate as a subject matter expert trainer in product knowledge workshop activities.
- Be an ambassador for the company to establish, reinforce, build, and retain customer and sales representative loyalty.
5- 35% Project Management Responsibility
- Owns development and execution of project plans, including key milestones and customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in the planning, estimating, scheduling, resource loading and project procurement activities.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to determine the need for changes and to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Help create detailed quotations that allow the company and customer to proceed with an order in alignment with all technical and commercial capabilities.
- Attends meetings with Regional Sales Management Team to determine which quotes should become projects and which should be fulfilled using standard channels.
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence and recurrence of nonconformities related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to our quality system and processes.
- Maintains a pro-active and system cadence of communication with internal stakeholders, FCI leadership team, sales channel partners, and the customers.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Engineering, Business, Science, or other technical area) or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability to troubleshoot from a remote location.
- 0-5 years’ experience in sales engineering or applications engineering work environment with a manufacturer, sales representative or distributor, or as a user/specifier of electronic measurement or process control instruments.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment with project or contract management familiarity highly desired.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, or ability to learn, manufacturing enterprise business systems (Syteline/Infor preferred) and competency using of Microsoft software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.).
- Ability to interpret and understand industry terms, standards and regulations, customer installation drawings, engineering specifications and symbols to determine applicability and suitability of FCI product solutions.
- Ability to read and understand engineering and manufacturing blueprints, schematics, and drawings is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with an analytical approach for outcomes expected.
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact collaboratively with customers and various departments within the organization.
This position requires extensive sitting, working at a computer, and talking on a phone. Some time may be spent walking up and down stairs, standing, and lifting a maximum of 25 lbs. Possible infrequent overnight travel to customer facilities, sales partner offices, trade shows or industry events, or training opportunities may occur.
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
FCI is an ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS and SSA E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify US citizen or permanent resident card "Green Card" holder in the absence of ECCN.
COMPANY: FCI is the leading manufacturer of thermal type process control instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to our home office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across different continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to thousands of global customers. FCI is a privately held organization. https://www.fluidcomponents.com/
As an essential manufacturer, Fluid Components is proud to offer the following benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site workers
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols aligned with CDC guidelines
- Three-day weekends for most roles