At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Manage direct personnel and support growth requirements for Digital Sales
- Drive client awareness and top of funnel pipeline creation
- Assist in the progression and closure of pipeline created
- Effectively utilize all resources – DDR, DSR, tech, marketing – aligned to the squad to improve overall sales motion
- Keep the team focused and charged to deliver on quarterly objectives
- Work closely with Marketing, Channels & Systems leads to ensure a supportive ecosystem for the digital sellers to thrive and be successful
- Develop and maintain a system of continuous education & skills development for the team
- Run and manage sales cadences that focus on core metrics of VLC, VLR, & WR
- Maintain effective communication across key departments and senior leadership team within both IBM and Red Hat
- Establish a results-oriented culture and drive performance across the spectrum of Digital Sales
- Lead sales team to meet and/or exceed monthly and quarterly quota objectives
- Enhance sales performance through expanded use of digital and social routes
- Demonstrate operational excellence through the disciplined management of key performance indicators, streamlining of inside sales processes and optimized resource deployment to improve pipeline yields and drive seller productivity.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance management, retention, skill-enhancement, training and succession planning. You will drive superior sales performance through pervasive sales coaching.
- As an IBM Sales leader you will be an inspirational role model, creating a culture of sales and social selling eminence that deliver Client and Sponsor value.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years experience in Digital Sales
- 1+ years experience or knowledge in Agile/ Design Thinking
- Mentoring and guidance experience
- Demonstrated skills in sales pipeline management and forecasting, using CRM systems
- Using data to make decisions and drive business outcomes; Run a team cadence and Uplevel forecasting
- Social Media presence and can demonstrate how you use social & digital tools in your sales role to promote brand awareness
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ years experience as a Sales Leader with cross-functional experience preferred
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.