What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Change has always been part of business, but today’s environment forces us to deal with change – both good and bad – faster than ever before. New technologies are changing how we live and work, and COVID, climate change, and geopolitical tensions expose how fragile our world is.
Only companies that can adapt quickly will thrive. You need to work more agile, more intelligently, more efficiently to point out new ways. And doing so takes more than just a technical migration to the cloud.
A holistic business transformation is about changing the whole culture and mindset of an enterprise. It’s about redesigning your business processes. It’s about adopting new technologies – to unlock new ways of running your business and stay ahead of your industry.
To truly transform your business at your speed and terms, you need more than Infrastructure-as-a-Service or Software-as-a-Service. You need a holistic offering. What you really need is Business Transformation-as-a-Service.
RISE with SAP brings together everything you need to transform your business in the way that works best for you – regardless of your point of departure or how fast you want to move. And because we know that transformation is a journey, not a destination, RISE with SAP allows you to change not only once, but to continually transform – and we are with you every step of the way.
One of the key deployment options for our customers is a Private Cloud environment. SAP provides comprehensive cloud infrastructure and managed service offerings for the private cloud and therefore acting as an essential part of the overall Cloud Strategy of SAP.
SAP allows customers to run their SAP S/4 HANA, and HANA applications, including SAP® Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA, in a managed private cloud environment either in SAP’s own data centers, IaaS Hyperscalers and in customers’ existing datacenters with our HANA Enterprise Cloud, Customer Edition offering. SAP has established strategic partnerships with the major public cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), to offer customers choice for their SAP private cloud deployment.
Being part of SAP’s Customer Success organization, we are looking for highly motivated and customer-focused team members to strengthen the Cloud Architecture & Advisory team (CAA). The Cloud Architect acts as a primary point of contact for all technical topics from a customer perspective and is working closely with all the other internal teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This is a customer-facing role where you will support the sales teams during the entire cycle of a Cloud deal. Following are the key tasks that this role will perform:
- Present in detail the RISE with SAP Private Cloud, S/4 HANA Cloud Extended Edition, and the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service offering
- Present the requirements and value proposition for SAP private cloud on hyperscalers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Conduct assessment workshops with customers to define the future Cloud architecture and plan the migration roadmap together with partners, System Integrators, and or SAP Professional Services.
- Guide customers around Business Continuity, Security & Compliance, Networks, etc.
- Work with BID teams to generate pricing and provide ongoing deal support to sales teams.
- Own the technical discussions with the customer and act as the orchestrator of experts to obtain expertise from the SAP delivery organization as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Business Administration required from an accredited university.
- High proficiency in customer communications and presentations is required
- High proficiency in the SAP product portfolio, offerings, and industry solutions.
- Good understanding of SAP solutions (releases, platform interdependencies, etc.)
- Good understanding of operational aspects (Application or Technical) of SAP solutions in a cloud environment.
- Good understanding of capabilities of at least one Hyperscaler (AWS; MS Azure or GCP)
- Ability and willingness to be part of a global team of Cloud Architects
- Willingness to undertake customer related travel on short notice
- Fluency in English is a MUST, any other language an asset
- 7+ years of customer-facing SAP Consulting experience.
- 7+ years of solution design, enterprise architecture, and or SAP implementation.
- Experience in a customer-facing pre-sales role is an advantage.
- Experience with IaaS Providers (AWS, MS Azure, or GCP) and data centers is a big advantage.
- SAP HANA and S/4 HANA skills would be very helpful but not mandatory.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:298587 | Work Area: Sales Support | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA