At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware is seeking a seasoned and experienced Vice President – WW Sales for VMC on AWS, VMC on Dell, and Cloud Universal offerings to serve as a key member and business leader to the broader VMware Executive Team. The VP, will lead, steer and scale VMware Cloud on AWS, VMC on Dell, and Cloud Universal Sales in partnership with Geo Specialist Sales VPs and Business Unit leadership, ensuring that sales, pre-sales, marketing, consulting and channel operations co-operate in facilitating effective coverage and identifying business opportunities, while effectively teaming and collaborating with the AWS Sales Leadership teams to scale coverage, joint execution, and performance at scale. This role consequently represents a unique opportunity to scale VMware Cloud business, and to play a centrally important part in the success of VMware. We are therefore seeking a truly exceptional leader who will thrive in building, leading and managing first-line leaders and their teams around the world.
This leader will be responsible for building the VMC on AWS sales plan for achieving a Bookings quota target, driving consumption and ARR, managing the sales forecasting process with Geo Sales VPs, and coaching the team of business development and strategic sales professionals to achieve (or, ideally, over-achieve) the business goals.
This position will lead the WW Sales functional team of VMC on AWS, VMC on Dell, Cloud Universal, Cloud Economics BD team, and Strategic Pursuit Sales and Solution Architects. He/she will need to coordinate and work closely with VMware Cloud Business Unit, Engineering, Customer Success and manage interactions with AWS Sales Leadership teams. Deep knowledge of the Public Cloud market, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem, will all be critical for success in the role.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales for VMware Cloud.
Additionally, key responsibilities include the following:
- Achieving VMware’s ACV growth goals and consumption performance across VMware Cloud portfolio.
- Increasing sales synergy and joint sales engagement with AWS Sales teams, focusing on building joint pursuit plans, aligning sales leadership at WW and in Geos.
- Lead and drive exceptional sales execution and operational excellence, and develop initiatives to penetrate the market, achieve sales goals, and leverage sales assets.
- Drive growth for VMC on AWS and VMC on Dell by building scalable engagement models and enabling broader cloud sales specialists for New Logos acquisition and drive “Land and Expand” sales motions.
- Lead a team of Cloud Economists around the world, who communicate the economic value proposition for VMware Cloud on AWS to a broad audience of senior financial customer executives (CFO level).
- Acts as a business partner with corporate functions including Finance, Deal Management Team, Legal, Sales Operations, Customer Success, Marketing and Human Resources.
- Develop strategies to promote thought leadership in the market.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners.
- Run weekly forecasting processes to provide visibility to VMware’s leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Work closely with the Geo Specialist Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals.
- Identify high propensity customers and act as “Executive Sponsor” for key Enterprise/Global accounts.
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Engage with Product Group leaders and other key business stakeholders to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against our booking’s targets.
- Maintain strong reporting and accountability against numbers, driving to exceed quotas, while developing and managing motivating incentive tools.
- Serve as a visionary for the company and cultivate innovation, articulating a compelling, long-term vision for the future, and inspiring others to action.
- Be able to create a loyalty and followership among the current team. Help drive the mission/vision of VMware Cloud to the sales force and broader organization.
- Lead by example and create and sustain a performance-driven culture, built on professionalism, teamwork, and creativity.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of progressively responsible and successful sales leadership experience with a large, global and well-regarded technology company, together with one or more public cloud or SaaS company experiences. The formative experiences will be progressively responsible sales and sales management leadership roles, within cloud market, with clear and demonstrated success as a significant sales leader for one or a number of successful technology companies. An executive with a strong understanding of the Cloud/SaaS market.
The ideal candidate must be operationally strong, with a demonstrated track record of installing discipline, process and methodology into a company’s sales and field operations organizations. The Vice President – WW Sales for VMC on AWS and Dell together with the Executive Team, will be a highly visible spokesperson for the company with potential and existing customers. A reputation for operational capabilities, discipline and integrity are paramount.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have the following experience:
- 15+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with enterprise software domain knowledge, and strong knowledge of public cloud market. (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Industry experience in software or technology from a large multi-billion-dollar company, with additional experience in a higher growth mid-cap seen as a plus.
- Deep background, relationships with, and understanding of the Global Systems Integrators, MSP partner community.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of Cloud operating model and VMware’s unique position in the multi-cloud market.
- Exposure working in a highly strategic capacity, with the ability to focus both on continuing successful sales execution, while simultaneously strategically planning for the next stage of growth. Be able to bring a thoughtful approach to building scalable, repeatable programs and processes across a large global team.
- Strong technical aptitude, and is comfortable holding deep, technical discussions with various functions across the organization, partners, and customers. Can translate customer insights into specific and actionable plans for Engineering to act upon; is respected and understood by them.
- A change agent who demonstrates the ability and track record that challenges the status quo by asking “why”, questions and driving continuous improvement.
- An action-oriented planner who builds and implements actionable plans with detailed timelines and flawless execution.
- An innovator with the courage to nourish “outside the box” thinking to surface and pursue new ideas.
- Strong strategic acumen and the intellect to contribute to the long-term vision of the company; the aspiration and aptitude to grow and expand scope of responsibility as VMware grows.
Key Job Responsibilities
Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be a team builder, team player, and a leader. This executive will have the personal drive, passion, and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a high-growth software ecosystem striving toward market leadership in an evolving marketplace. The successful candidate will be a proven sales leader with the following experience and personal qualities:
- People leadership; attract, develop, and retain top talent in the organization. An ability to create loyalty, trust, and a following. Understands what it takes to connect, listen, and engage at all levels of the organization.
- Generates energy; a source of positive, motivating energy that multiplies the impact of the team by drawing out ideas, encouraging bold (and thoughtful) moves, and promotes a sentiment of support. Sponsors creative and effective collaboration.
- The confidence, intellect and executive presence to become a true business partner across the corporate and field functions –someone who is capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond their functional expertise. This individual must be highly respected by both subordinates and superiors.
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial style — one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing their functional responsibility, and someone who seeks to develop like-minded senior managers with similar capabilities.
- A combination of personality traits — collaborative nature, honesty, integrity, intensity, accountability, and passion —necessary to blend with the rest of the executive management team.
- A primary, driving focus on leading and motivating others. Must be capable of taking dramatic, symbolic actions to inspire and energize others around a vision of VMware’s future.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.