Business Insights Developer II
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
This role is in support of the Data Engineering and Warehouse team, you will help determine the strategic direction in which we will need to move by providing analytics, reporting, and best in class business intelligence solutions to AvidXchange customers (both internal and external). The position is responsible for researching and analyzing opportunities and risks, as well as providing analytics and guidance to our organization. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
- Obtain complete knowledge of the physical EDW database schema.
- Collaborate with internal / external customers to develop initiatives that drive growth.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting requests and data research for projects as needed.
- Identify and enable users to access EDW data in a manner consistent with their business goals.
- Integrate access to business metadata from within the OLAP/BI tool (Excel /PowerBI)
- Work closely with multiple teams to understand & implement report requirements.
- Develop and maintain a variety of report types including tabular, drill down, matrix, and charts.
- Create scripts for importing, exporting, analyzing, mapping, and converting data.
- Perform query and report optimizations to increase efficiency of legacy reports.
- Test and validate reports to insure data accuracy and quality.
- Identify and schedule frequently needed reports/analysis.
- Deploy and maintain data access through BI tools (PowerBI is a plus).
- Write queries, views, and stored procedures to satisfy company reporting & external client needs.
- Train and support users on BI tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant 1-3 years development experience utilizing a wide range of Microsoft technologies.
- 1-3 years of data analysis and development experience with business intelligence tools (ideally in an EDW environment).
- 1-3 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), building database queries, stored procedure writing and report creation (SSIS & SSAS experience strongly preferred).
- 1-3 years of experience developing quality data visualizations for various business units.
Working knowledge of table indexing, storage methodologies, CTEs, table variables, temporary tables, window functions data segmentation and query optimization.
- Strong understanding of data visualization concepts and best practices.
- Ability and desire to learn new report display technologies and evaluate additional business intelligence tools that could advance the business intelligence offerings at AvidXchange.
- Experience with development & production support of PowerBI dashboards and reports preferred.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family
Business Intelligence and Data
- Job Function
Internal Data Engineering & Warehousing
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator