ConvergeOne is the foremost, single-source provider of advanced communications and data technology for business. That means if it's digital, we connect our customers to it - from phone systems and hardware to computer networks, application development, managed solutions and more. And we're 100% passionate with designing, implementing, managing and supporting our customers' every need from end to end, so that they can focus on what they do best.
So, when it comes to joining a team of IT and communications technology pros who are empowered to do what they do best, your best choice - your #1 choice - is ConvergeOne.
The Application Tester role reports into the Senior Application QA Lead. The Application Tester drives innovative testing strategies and tools to use for analyzing the customer experience for ConvergeOne (C1) software products. This is sometimes referred-to as Product QA. The Application Tester works with the lead to identify the user stories and tasks and prioritizes testing tools, builds the test cases/plan/tasks’ related to technical design, and develops testing patterns in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methodology of product software. The Application Tester will undertake testing of complex services and will work with agile sprints and daily standup meetings.
- Per the product roadmap(s) and continuous requirements definition: design and develop test plans for API based microservices applications incorporating leading-edge compute concepts for C1 software products or new features for assigned GA products
- Creating and documenting excellent test cases
- Running, executing, and understanding test cases with attention to detail
- Identifying, recording and verifying defects
- Solve problems through collaboration with the rest of the Application Development team.
- Communicate issues and escalate if needed by understanding criticality.
- Working with Professional Services, implementation, cutover and support for new GA products, features and customizations
- Working with the Customer Success Centers, provide Tier 3/4 Day2 services including troubleshooting, diagnosis and bug fixes for assigned core products, features and customizations
- Work closely with the application development Lead in the software development team carrying out tasks associated with the above Essential Functions to design, develop and CI/CD new releases of products, features and customizations
- Update and maintain microservices technical documentation and code repositories, based on testing results.
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Stay current on evolving scripting and QA languages and testing methodologies
- Stay current on evolving Customer Experience Management (CX) technologies, applications and platforms; this includes but is not limited to the cloud and customer-premise versions of Contact Center Infrastructure (CCI) platforms, enterprise applications, CX Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Natural Language Processing (NLP) solutions
- Evaluate and scope application experience testing initiatives
- Provide technical guidance and input for the Go-To-Market activities for assigned GA products
Minimum BSEE/CS or equivalent mix of education and experience
- 5+ Years’ Experience in creating and executing test cases, exception condition testing, troubleshooting for cross-browser based Web Applications.
- 3+ Years’ Experience and In-Depth Knowledge of Lean/Agile Development Methodologies, and Product Lifecycle Management
- Extensive knowledge in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Support) using development methodologies and Agile (Scrum, Kanban, TDD - Test driven development, CI-Continues Integration) automation test and has exposure in the implementation of Internet/Intranet, Client/Server and MVC architecture applications using Java / J2EE Technologies.
- Expert in Automation tools like Selenium, Mocha and ad-hoc API test tools like Postman, SoapUI and such.
- Expert in Jasmine, Karma UI test specification.
- Expert in cross-browser testing, using tools like BrowserStack or such.
- Expert in doing Web Application Security testing and understanding the vulnerabilities to collaborate with development team.
- Experience in performing Unit testing, Integration Testing and a plus for generation of test cases using JUnit.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS based application testing.
- Expertise in using source code control systems such as GitHub, SVN, CVS, BitBucket, JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Experience in logging defects in bug tracking systems such as Jira, Youtrack.
- Familiarity with Microservice business components using Java /J2EE and Implementation of REST web services based on RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with JSON data processing to interact with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Strong team player and effective individual with an ability to adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Strong work ethic with desire to succeed and make significant contributions to the organization.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of developers and contractors using current/next generation methodologies, programming languages, architectures, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of: current generation programming languages such as Node.js, Python; services such as GitHub; and Docker
- Hands-on experience with RESTful APIs and other APIs for integrating C1 products with multiple vendors’ platforms
- Ability to design, test, and troubleshoot the solution for proofs of concepts on latest technologies.
Deep technical understanding of Application Programming Interfaces for: the major and evolving CCI vendors including Avaya, Cisco, Genesys, Twilio and Amazon; enterprise application software such as Salesforce.com, Oracle Service Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.; and the emerging Virtual Assistant/bot solutions such as Bold360, IPSoft, etc.
- Experience with building vertical-specific (e.g., insurance, banking, and healthcare) UX/UIs
- Technical understanding of building platforms based on a microservices architecture and deployment methods such as Kubernetes
- Experience with “Big Data” analytics platforms
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.
ConvergeOne provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For further details please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm