If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the Careers Application in Workday
Job Description Summary:The Portfolio Manager will serve as a critical business partner with other internal business colleagues including the Director, Portfolio Management, SVP Wine and SVP Spirits, Director and Manager, Sales Finance for California.
Job duties for this role include management of various key responsibilities directly related to supplier relations and supplier contract commitments in California. This role works closely with assigned suppliers and sales teams to develop programs that drive the business, communicates program progress and manages inventory to support programs.
- Work with sales leaders to confirm supplier sales goals; communicate supplier goals; and develop tracking on key supplier programs to keep the sales force informed.
- Develop brand plan calendars and incentives to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and communicate progress on KPIs and sales execution.
- Updates and maintains sales forecasts on key brands and suppliers to cover programs, including SORFs and MARS inputs to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Manage Pre-Sells, Holiday VAP orders, and Allocated Items, as needed, for the assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate and manage supplier review meetings, provide written meeting recaps and communicates follow-up steps internally and externally.
- Manage POS orders to support market programs, coordinate new item set up and launches for all sales divisions.
- Maintain current list of supplier portfolio contacts.
- Survey market with sales management and supplier partners to monitor execution of programs and identify market opportunities on a regular basis.
- Manage applicable workflows, standard of operations and appropriate record keeping for compliance.
- Attend key meetings with sales leadership and assigned suppliers. May conduct and lead key meetings and budget or KPI reviews.
- Identify real and potential portfolio problems and troubleshoot issues for solutions.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with all company policies and applicable laws.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as needed or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- 6 or more years of related sales experience. Three or more years in a business environment with a beverage alcohol wholesaler or supplier is required. A combination of sales, portfolio management or finance experience preferred.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Experience with manipulating large amounts of data as well as the ability to quickly learn new systems/tools is necessary.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
- Decisive and creative problem solver, with bias for action.
- Knowledge of and basic skill working with Oracle is highly preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Enjoy a career with us!