R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Sr. Operations Lead will partner with client representatives and your R1 team to perform detailed reviews of facility-wide financial and operational metrics with the goal of identifying and capitalizing upon opportunities for process, cost, and patient satisfaction improvement. The ideal candidate will partner with line level client representatives and other R1 operators to perform detailed reviews of patient accounts with the objective of identifying cost, operations and patient satisfaction improvements. The Operations Lead also serves as a liaison for training and subject matter expertise on the utilization of R1 work flow technologies. You will develop industry knowledge that serves as a foundation for career progression.
- Mitigate back-end revenue leakage through contract negotiation, change management, lean process improvement, making recommendations for innovative software development, and advanced quantitative analysis on core financial metrics.
- Serves as a liaison for training and subject matter expertise on the utilization of R1 work flow technologies.
- Develops industry knowledge that serves as a foundation for career progression.
- Implements R1 technology, training, and process excellence initiatives across pre-registration, registration, and financial counseling departments.
- Interpret basic data sets and create data analyses to drive desired results.
- Continuously detect and resolve data defects within registration while creating solutions to prevent future defects.
- Responds to ad-hoc client requests and develops solutions in a timely manner.
- Coach client staff and managers to improve workflow and operational performance.
- Provides value-add feedback to R1 leadership on development of project plans.
- Roles at this level typically require a Bachelor's degree. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
- 2-5 Years professional experience demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- Interpersonal Skills – The ability to establish oneself as a peer and trusted partner for our client counterparts.
- Change Management – The ability to help counterparts through difficult transitions to a new process, workflow, or situation.
- Motivation / Drive – Successful candidates will have a desire for continues learning. Self-starting and going beyond what is asked to take on new challenges and create innovative solutions.
- Tenacity /Grit – This role will require getting deep into details and performing very granular reviews and extensive process shadowing. While this work can be tedious, it is foundational to success.
- Analytical Skills – Understanding of complex Excel and Access and/or simple SQL and Visual Basic are a plus.
- More important is mathematical / analytical aptitude and desire to invest the time to learn.
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information banding patients, etc.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items (over 50 lbs.).
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
R1 RCM Inc. (“the Company”) is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s employment practices , including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com