You will be assigned beginning-level work and training experiences in the skill development and care of people with developmental disabilities. You will perform all work under close supervision with emphasis on learning the basic knowledge, skills, techniques, and attitudes required for the care and habilitation of people with developmental disabilities.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the position description.
Work hours and additional information:
- The Department of Human Services provides excellent benefits, pay increases, paid leave and holidays, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- Work hours: 3:00pm-11:30pm (2nd Shift), 7:00am-3:30pm (1st Shift) during training.
- Rotating schedule with every 3rd weekend off.
- Overtime: As required.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
- FREE PARKING!
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - No previous experience needed, training provided.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
This position comes under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act:
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination and a drug screening test.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.