*Instrumentation & Automation background with Industrial liquid and gas analyzer experience is required*
This is a Business Development Manager position that is responsible for providing customer driven focus to provide technical expertise, and product selection directly for customers within the Instrumentation and Automation Business unit, specifically for industrial liquid and gas analyzers. The expectation is that the business development leader with work with outside sales, inside sales, service, and our engineered solutions teams to grow our Combustion portfolio at a rate of 15% growth YOY or greater. Although there is direction from management team on strategic sales initiatives, procedures, and goals, BDM’s are expected to be able to perform day-to-day marketing/sales activities and meet sales objectives primarily without direct supervision. The BDM’s set their own day-to-day schedules. BDM will be spending at least 50% of his time on sales calls to support overall growth. This will include overnight travel.
The Business Development person, will work independently and is responsible for the sales, service, and promotion of industrial liquid and gas analyzers product lines in compliance with all company pricing guidelines to achieve maximum gross margin. This position will be responsible for developing existing accounts while generating new accounts. The position requires ongoing communication with customers and suppliers to provide technical support, product information, and pricing updates and more importantly drive incremental growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Negotiate with customers and suppliers to establish quotes and orders that will ensure a competitive price and highest profitability.
· Develop accounts by informing customers of all our value-added services.
· Provide customers with information on products, pricing, and availability.
· Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively.
· Pro-actively seek solutions to better serve customers.
· Maintain customers in CRM.
· Participate in training sessions and meetings as required.
· Assist in training new employees as required.
· Be responsible for quality in all facets of customer relations.
· Develop marketing campaigns and follow thru
· 5+ years of sales experience to industrial customers including some or all of the following industries: oil & gas, chemical & refining, power generation, and wastewater.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related technical field, or equivalent experience in electrical and control products.
· 5+ years of experience in sales and marketing of gas and liquid Combustion and Combustion systems
· 3+ years of experience in strategic account management and development.
· Experience managing sales efforts across multiple sites.
· Proven track record of landing new accounts and markets in a direct role.
· Ability to build executive level interfaces.
· Technical proposal development experience.
· Consultative selling skills.
· Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills.
· Strong written communication and presentation skills.
· Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and tenacious.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Business Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Instrumentation & Automation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Gas and Liquid Combustion: 5 years (Preferred)
- On the road