Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies - from startups to public companies - around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced professional to join our Governance, Risk and Operations Compliance team as its Director of Risk and Operations Compliance. This person will report to the CRO (Chief Risk Officer) with the primary responsibility of ensuring Freshworks is compliant with applicable laws, regulations, standards and contractual commitments.
What You Get To Do In This Role
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, standards and contractual commitments are met and where necessary apply a risk-based approach to address and prioritize gaps
- Lead, motivate and continually improve the Risk and Operations Compliance teams to strive for excellence, maximize effectiveness, efficiencies, quality and scale the program to meet company goals
- Lead compliance monitoring efforts to proactively identify compliance risk
- Horizon scan to increase awareness of compliance risks affecting the business
- Develop a compliance aware culture ensuring stakeholders are informed of regulatory, legislative, and best practice changes, the impact of these change and their obligations under these changes
- Support the design and implementation of a global cloud compliance management strategy for the organization
- Provide regular stakeholder reports to create compliance health status transparency and outline required actions to address risk
- Develop and coordinate a Compliance Champions program and Leadership reviews to ensure risk is addressed and prioritization is socialized and actioned
- Manage the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Knowledge and experience commensurate with this role and having dealt with a global regulatory environment
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conduct technology controls, governance, regulatory risk and regulatory change
- Demonstrated practical and risk-based approach to problem solving
- Experience in influencing behaviors at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency
- Experience leading and motivating a global team spanning technical and non-technical roles
- Ability to produce and present effective presentations and training at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience at a SaaS Cloud company
- Expertise in the following: ISO27001, SOC2, SOX, HIPAA, PCI
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), Engineering, Cyber Security or related field
- Willing to travel as necessary
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.