Job DescriptionEnvision is seeking an IT Business Analyst for our 6 month+ records management system project, which we expect to extend longer long term project in Phoenix, AZ. Below is a brief outline of experience for this role:
Seeking q customer-oriented Lead Business Analyst to support the procurement and implementation of various critical technology initiatives for the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Supporting public safety critical initiatives. Project(s) could include Records Management System, Computer Aided-Dispatch System, and others. The BA would assist in supporting the procurement and implementation efforts inclusive of testing, training, and supporting organization change management.
- The BA's chief role is to assist the PMO with BA activities which includes conducting a full business case assessment for a new project request or supporting a PM team with project execution.
- All project initiatives managed under the PMO have high complexity and high visibility. Therefore, the individual selected for this position must have excellent communication skills, active listening skills and high emotional intelligence to manage multiple stakeholders.
- The desired candidate will have strong skills in gathering business and technical requirements, mapping business processes and data and system workflows, facilitating gap analyses, and contributing to other written business deliverables necessary to increase the business value and quality of services and solutions while bridging the communication gap between the business and technical staff.
- BA will work independently, proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers, and be able to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously. Additionally, attention to detail, business writing and organizational skills are a must.
- 5 years of experience as a lead business analyst conducting business cases, business and technical process mapping, requirements gathering, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, information technology or related field
- Strong analytical and business skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Conduct user acceptance testing, training support and contribution to the creation of business deliverables
- Experience with lean and continuous improvement activities to streamline business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Exceptional attention to detail; documents must be professional and ready for Executive review
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, Project/PWA and Visio, wireframe
- Procurement experience (RFP, RFI, RFQ, etc.)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation from the International Institute of Business Analysis (llBA)
- Other certifications and skills such as Lean, Kaizen, Scrum / Agile Project management methodologies, ITIL v3 Foundation Training and/or Certification
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Possess data structure and data integrity knowledge
- Experience in records management systems (RMS)
- Experience in software implementations, complex integration, across multiple stakeholders
- Public safety or public sector experience