Propose SAP, PowerPlan and other IT Finance solutions that meet business process needs based on expert level system and business process working knowledge. Write business cases, gather requirements, complete gap analysis, and research technical and functional solutions. Provide expertise to resolve end user support issues and includes one-on-one and group training. Coordinate project activities including lead work with various groups including development teams to design and test reports, interfaces, forms and data conversions. Perform SAP and/or PowerPlan configuration as needed to meet changing business needs
- Conduct business analysis and work with appropriate resources to research alternatives, develop estimates, and participate in implementation of solutions.
- Provide expert level understanding of SAP and/or PowerPlan configuration and functionality in the assigned business area(s).
- Perform highly complex SAP and/or PowerPlan configuration including table maintenance, schema changes, and implementation of new configuration in support of defined business requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate IT FI systems to develop or modify programs and procedures to enhance systems or solve business problems and meet business needs.
- Write and coordinate business change requests, perform requirements gathering and complete gap analyses, research technical and functional solutions, recommend viable alternative solutions, evaluate processes in relationship to business needs.
- Consult with management to prioritize work for the team and regularly meet with business stakeholders to ensure priorities and expectations are appropriately set.
- Prepare, coordinate and/or lead demonstrations
- Apply Finance, Utility Accounting, Tax, Asset, and Controlling, business knowledge to determine the best use of SAP and/or PowerPlan capabilities.
- Maintain the environment of controls that exists within the SAP and non-SAP landscape.
- Perform project management task for enhancements that qualify as a small project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years SAP or PowerPlan, or Finance, Asset Accounting, Tax, and Controlling, business experience.
- Strong working knowledge of specific business processes in finance, tax, asset accounting, and controlling.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements to SAP/Non-SAP FI/CO and asset accounting system solutions.
- Project management skills including project leadership, task identification, scheduling, and cost/expenditure identification and management.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to work within a project matrix organization.
- Ability to work across an organization in order to achieve desired results.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications to gather, analyze, and model information.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to present alternatives and recommendations.
- Utility financial accounting experience
- Experience leading FI/CO or PowerPlan related projects, or experience managing small teams of people performing FI/CO-related support activities.
- Seven+ years SAP or Finance, PowerPlan, Asset Accounting or Controlling business experience.
- Knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures; applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Experience working in several of the following areas:
- “CO” Processing, Closing Process & Master Data
- Asset Accounting
- Investment Management
- Joint Venture Accounting
- General Ledger (inc. GLSU)
- Internal order and cost center reporting
- FERC and FERC reporting
- Profit Center Accounting (PCA)
- Consolidations (EC-CS)
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Corporate Tax
- Bank Reconciliation
- Sales and Use Tax (Property/Revenue)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $93,000.00 - $109,400.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR 97232: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Utility financial accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- finance, tax, asset accounting: 1 year (Required)
- One location