Adjunct Faculty Members’ duties include the following:
1. Teach Computer Science courses
2. Hold office hours
3. Attend departmental meetings
4. Participate in departmental activities
5. Participate in the following committees; recruitment, special event, retention, and service.
6. Complete assignments by Department Chair.
Visit http://www.cs.nsu.edu/ for additional information.
NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
2. Prior teaching experience, with preference given to candidates whose experience encompasses teaching in one or more of the following areas: C++ and Java programming, computer organization, computer architecture, computer networking, systems programming, computer security, or a range of cybersecurity and information technology courses at the undergraduate level; industry experience in the security and technology fields is also preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate to a diverse student-body audience, both verbally and in writing, with emphasis applied to a commitment to diversity.
4. Skilled in and commitment to distance learning via online modalities.
5. Must be able to begin August 2021.
1. Candidates Must show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
2. Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
3. A complete application, including all previous employment and education, for full consideration, Must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date.”
4. Applicants who list “see resume” or “see Curriculum Vitae” in lieu of completing the application WILLNOT be considered.
5. NSU conducts background checks on all candidates identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
6. Norfolk State University utilizes Form I-9 and E-verify in the verification of eligibility for employment.
1. Cover letter
2. A current Curriculum Vitae
3. Commonwealth of Virginia State Application
4. Transcripts (unofficial transcripts accepted, however, official transcripts are required of finalist)
5. The names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
HAND DELIVERED APPLICATION MATERIAL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED