Job Title: Sales Development Executive
About this position:
Advantech has an immediate opening for a Sales Development Executive (SDE). This individual would work from an office or virtual office in the assigned territory.
We will provide you the tools, and training; in exchange, what we’re asking for you to bring is an optimistic attitude, creativity, and commitment to learning and placing your full attention and skills to the challenge of generating radical new growth through account development and sales leveraging Advantech’s industry proven product and services.
The primary responsibility of the SDE is focused on new account penetration, net new sales revenue growth, and market expansion. The SDE will focus on the demand creation engines within Advantech to take sales leads, and turn them into a profitable new business. Metrics for success include; lead conversion into new opportunities, accurately managing the pipeline and forecasted revenue, tracking and converting the opportunities into new sales revenue and design win awards, to exhibit monthly, quarterly and yearly sales growth.
The ideal SDE candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated, great communicator, team player who is interested in technology and today’s computing trends. As an SDE, you will be part of a new and growing sales organization. One where we envision a winning team, where you’ll be rewarded as an individual contributor, and excel within a larger team. Given this is a relatively new sales organization, we are looking for SDE candidates who are willing to devote a minimum of 18-months to the role.
The SDE will be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for researching, identifying, and generating new opportunities weekly using incoming demand generation tools, cold mapping phone calls, social media platforms, and email.
- Building, qualifying, and managing an accurate and growing sales funnel using Salesforce.com as well as other tools.
- Preparation and presentation of product proposals
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, making calls to new and existing customers, and working on a computer
- Close collaboration with the Product Sales Management, and Key Account Sales organizations in the development of account strategies, and demand generation activities required in both geographical territories as well as target vertical markets.
- Close collaboration with the assigned Customer Program Manager to assist in ensuring your accounts receive exemplary customer service.
- Managing and filtering distribution channel reports, registrations, and opportunities.
- Broad familiarity with demand generation tools including; Salesforce, D&B Hoovers, and LinkedIn Professional.
- Collaboration, planning and execution of dedicated marketing and sales campaigns which lead to new demand generation activities within Advantech.
- Understanding of the businesses Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and reporting progress on a regular basis back to the senior management on hitting and or exceeding your KPI’s.
- Minimum 3-5 years' sales experience with the embedded/IoT Industry
- Broad familiarity with Microsoft Operating System Products and awareness of the OEM’s that use them
- Associates degree preferred.
- Proven track record of hunting and winning net-new business.
- Self-starter, team player, positive attitude who can work independently from a home office without constant supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to use MS Office/Salesforce tools as part of detailed reporting requirements.
- Training in consultative selling is helpful.
- Highly ethical individual with uncompromising integrity.
- Capable of thriving in fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders and expectation points. Must be able to effectively manage expectations comfortably and effectively across multiple domains.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information can be found at https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
- Winning culture with a friendly, team-oriented environment!
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) company matched contributions
- Biannual bonuses
- Education reimbursement program
- 15 days of paid time off and 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms.
We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2018 and 2019, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #5 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2018.
Advantech is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We accept applications directly from candidates only and will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees absent a formal agreement.