The Regional Director has full P&L responsibility for the Region and directs the operations of all assigned Centers in achieving assigned budget and metrics, enforce all policies and procedures as established by Service Experts in Center and Region Operations, ensure the proper training and development of all Center Managers and Region staff.and accountability for the KPIs of the Region to include but not limited to:
- Sales and EBIT Growth
- Labor Productivity and Efficiency
- Inventory / Working Capital
- Customer Satisfaction and Call Backs
- Employee Retention and development
- Service Experts Standards (appearance, process, etc.)
- Others as defined by Company Leadership
This is a remote position.
The various duties of the Regional Director are outlined in the functional areas below:
Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead by example by coaching and supporting the SE health and safety program in the Region.
- Review on a regular basis safety performance with the Center Leadership and review their responsibilities and related performance on an on-going basis.
- Correct or provide the resources to correct substandard acts or conditions that you may come to light whether identified by a subordinate or personally.
- Direct resources to conduct health & safety training as prescribed by the company program(s) or procedure(s).
- Conduct health and safety observations as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s).
- Conduct Accident/ Incident Investigations as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s).
- Comply with your duties as prescribed by local legal jurisdiction.
- Supervise and direct the activities of General Managers and Region staff personnel so cooperation is maintained and teamwork encouraged.
- Develop and maintain a clear organizational plan for business growth. Revise this plan periodically based on the direction of growth and financial capabilities of the company.
- Keep all personnel clearly involved and informed about company policies and objectives.
- Ensure that every co worker is responsible, accountable and rewarded for meeting company objectives.
- Hire and, if necessary, terminate employees directly responsible to the Director postion.
- Ensure that fair and equitable policies exist for the pay of co-workers.
- Evaluate the performance of employees directly responsible to the Director according the Human Resources policy.
- Review with direct reports the problems concerning their co-workers, the selection, employment, promotion, assignment, discipline or dismissal of co-workers.
- Plan, budget, purchase and have available all the equipment and facilities needed for the profitable operation of the Centers in assigned area.
- Assure that adequate warehousing facilities are available for material and equipment. Review and enforce inventory policy and asset protection in accordance with company policy.
Sales and Estimating
- Establish with the Regional Sales Manager, the long and short-term sales goals of the Region and Centers.
- Supervise and direct the RSM to ensure all RSC’s are performing to their highest potential and are acting in accordance with SEI policies and procedures, as well as executing related sales and marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Coordinate with Regional Marketing Manager and execute an overall marketing strategy.
- Coordinate with Region to execute Pricing strategy and ensure that pricing procedures and controls are in place according to SEI policy.
- Supervise and direct Managers to meet or exceed KPI’s as established by RVP’s or SE.
- Periodically review overall staffing requirements at both Center and Region levels to ensure they are in line with best practice guidance as provided by SEI.
- Ascertain all financial information is available to management as directed on a timely basis.
- Review and analyze monthly financial information and take corrective action, where necessary.
- Conduct budgeting and planning activities, as needed, in coordination with Region.
- Take action required to ensure overall company sales goals are met, keeping the company’s overall financial capabilities in mind.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of accounting and finance as it relates to the industry.
- A high degree of industry knowledge in areas such as marketing, sales techniques, organization, systems and policy design, management, etc.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills.
- Strong understanding of general marketing and sales techniques and strategies.
- Knowledgeable in the servicing & installing commercial/residential HVAC equipment & accessories.
- Must have a post-secondary degree/diploma in a business or technical field.\
- Prefer 5-7 years experience the HVAC/Refrigeration Industry.
- Require 5 – 7 years of leadership and/or management responsibilities.
- Strong understanding and overall knowledge of the residential and commercial HVAC/Refrigeration industry.