How will you make an impact?
The Business Analyst role is responsible for understanding the CSD global business processes, and proposing and implementing solutions to business challenges. She/He should have experience with business analyst methodologies to establish a project which include scoping, partner analysis, activity modeling, story-boarding, and requirements tools. This role works closely with the business teams to align business process with system capabilities, documenting business process flows and creating functional requirements for system enhancements. In addition, this person should be able to coordinate project activities on a smaller project and work with a Project Manager for larger efforts. This role will interact with product management, commercial and global functional teams while maintaining solid relationships with IT Shared Services.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Work with business colleagues to understand system requests, analyze technology options, and propose solutions supporting a validated process manufacturing environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze business needs and translate into functional design requirements
- Work with internal and external partners to fulfill requests for platform enhancements
- Define and document key processes and requirements as well as operational support materials
- Define and document support plans for transitioning new systems and capabilities into production
- Serve as the conduit between the business community and the software development team through requirements, design, testing and implementation
- Collaborate with developers and domain experts to recommend business process and technical systems solution options
- Participate in support function to resolve user related requests and execute operational excellence
- Analyze data to resolve root cause of issues (e.g. systems logic, business process issues, data quality, etc.) and communicate findings to the business
- Effectively communicate and coordinate multi-functional teams using Teams, Sharepoint, ServiceNow and other core IT competencies and technologies.
- Stay in sync with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Management or a related subject area. Equivalent work experience acceptable.
- Must have Quote to Cash/ERP experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT roles with growing levels of responsibility and a minimum of 2 years of business analysis experience.
- Broad operational IT experience in a medium to large company environment
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment. Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP or GxP) and Computers Systems Validation (CSV) is desired. Applied experience with GMP and CSV, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. Proven skill in vendor management.
- Solid project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle. Track record of timely, on-budget project delivery.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment, inclusive of conflict resolution.
- The ability to drive resolution of issues by bringing teams together – both internally and externally.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to travel as required (
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills!
- Must be results driven with superb attention to detail!
- Must be comfortable managing projects and timelines within a matrix environment