About DEG, a Merkle Company
Digital is in our DNA. Since our founding in 1999, DEG has become one of the fastest-growing agencies in the country. A member of Dentsu, we are a global, full-service digital experience agency crafting solutions that help national and global brands meet their business objectives. While other shops are now working to grow their digital presences, we were born here.
Our associates are always evolving and finding new ways to collaborate together to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. After all, at DEG the best idea wins—no matter where it comes from.
Here, you can grow and pursue your passions, prioritize your family, contribute to your community, and actively travel. Our “work hard, play hard” mentality provides everyone with a fun, casual work environment that embraces new and better ways of doing things, and new and better things to do for our clients. The result is consistently being named one of the best places to work.
The question you must now ask is: Are you ready to evolve?
DEG, a Merkle Company is seeking a Manager of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineering to provide business leadership and team management in our Marketing Cloud practice. The Manager of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineering ensures client success by collaborating with peers in sales, strategy, and service delivery to enable robust and innovative marketing experiences with a focus on quality of technology. The Manager of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineering directly manages the growth and maturity of Marketing Cloud engineers. They will be expected to possess knowledge on and drive or collaborate on internal initiatives as it relates to DEG implementation methodologies and SFMC engineering best practices. The ideal candidate loves the complexity and challenge of balancing the interests of clients, associates, and business in the context of emerging technology. The Manager of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineering is critical to the success of healthy teams by providing perspective and ensuring support through knowledge and resources. Their contributions should be based on an understanding for industry best practices in these areas to ensure DEG’s offering remains relevant and competitive. Additionally, successful and hands-on experience developing solutions within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform is desired.
As a 17-year, Platinum Salesforce Consulting Partner and the only three-time Marketing Cloud Partner of the Year, DEG is a leader in the platform with one of the largest and longest-tenured teams of Marketing Cloud experts in the country. The Manager of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineering empowers and champions our incredibly strong team of Marketing Cloud Engineers to deliver ever more exceptional client and community work alongside our decorated platform consultant and strategy teams. This is a tremendous opportunity for learning and growth as we expand on our strength in the marketplace and cross-cloud footprint.
- Facilitating client success via project and team oversight and leadership
- Coaching individuals and teams via regular one-on-ones, team meetings, and performance reviews
- Communicating, contextualizing, and enforcing company policies and protocols
- Navigating critical personnel conversations and business decisions to resolution
- Assessing, hiring, and retaining strong technical performers that enrich the DEG culture
- Serving as point of contact for external business partnerships and recruiting/staffing organizations
- Representing team capabilities, process, and case studies with sales and account teams on new business pitches and opportunities
- Collaborating with other leaders on internal initiatives for process improvement
- Cultivating a culture of quality of technology and early adoption
- 5 years of experience in marketing industry and specifically Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Demonstrated prior success as an engineer or solutions consultant
- Proven leadership skills managing and growing technical teams
- Demonstrated understanding of development practices and delivery methodologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule that accommodates up to 25% travel for client, partner, or internal on-sites
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience in a professional services consultancy or agency
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer certification
- Working knowledge of SFMC API methods, AMPscript, SQL, and email coding best practices
- Breadth of familiarity in related Salesforce clouds (Sales, Service, Commerce, Community)
- Active industry community involvement and contributions
- Multiple health plan options, including supplemental insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability plans with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Fully paid leave for new parents, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave with financial assistance
- Additional paid-leave options, like military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave for those who experience a natural disaster affecting themselves or their immediate family
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with auto-enrollment and a company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including soda, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottle beer for our weekly Beer:30
DEG, a Merkle Company is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.