Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 11787
Pay Grade: US-C21
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
Director, Integrated Marketing Communications
KSEA is seeking a Director, Integrated Marketing Communications (Marcom) who will partner across the organization to bring to life our vision of “Enabling Anywhere Care”. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with executives and commercial leaders in both the domestic and global business on the planning, development, implementation and measurement of integrated marcom strategies, deliverables, messaging and positioning for the company and its portfolios. This individual will be able to create a compelling vision for the future of the KSEA marcom team and gain followership to bring it to fruition. The candidate best suited for this role will be an excellent communicator, strong strategic thinker, an executor focused on continuous improvement and a lifelong learner who seeks out and embraces innovation that contributes to the success of the team and organization. The role has responsibility for directing the efforts of a team on creative and content development and multichannel deployment for employee, prospect, customer and other key stakeholder audiences.
- Serve as a strategic partner to marketing, business, corporate and executive teams on matters of significance to KSEA messaging, brand or organization. Lead KSEA crisis communications, in partnership with legal, global and BCM teams.
- Develop multichannel marcom strategies and plans to drive demand via compelling, consistent and integrated messaging that effectively represents the company’s products, solutions and services to customers, prospects, employees, and key stakeholders.
- Drive plan implementation, including project management and local creative execution across inbound (ie web site, social, paid and search) and outbound (ie direct marketing) digital marketing, collateral, video, events, sales enablement tools and other as needed
- Collaborate with marketing to craft targeted content aligned to the buyer journey and customer needs in order to drive interest, influence and achieve growth targets.
- Build and deploy best practices across inbound and outbound digital marketing, content marketing and demand generation in partnership with global digital marketing team. Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Lead team that is accountable for downstream execution of KSEA campaigns and activities across all channels. Analyze program results and evaluate end-to-end customer experience across touch points; implement improvements based on insights.
- Build, develop and manage a strong team that can operate well in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate capabilities needed to manage a broad range of initiatives, both internally and externally, for multiple constituencies and business lines
- Partner with HR to build and execute internal communications strategy that fosters employee engagement through creative storytelling, thought leadership, change management campaigns and executive positioning. Support additional ad hoc internal communications needs and manage KSEA Newsroom employee site.
- Demonstrate extraordinary leadership, strategic vision, innovation, creative energy, collaborative spirit and proven skills for developing programs that engage internal and external audiences.
- As a direct report to the Vice President of Revenue Operations, serve as member of the Revenue Operations Leadership team and active participant in shaping and representing the function
- Manage budget, including forecasting and planning. Retain and manage agencies and outside services as needed.
- Minimum of 10+ years successful marketing communication or comparable experience showing the use of skills necessary to execute this position successfully
- Background in healthcare (med device/med tech/biopharma) marketing
- Proven ability to internalize high-level and segment-level business strategy and connect the dots across the team/company to develop targeted programs that are relevant, meaningful, and connected
- Brand and/or performance marketing experience including digital and print marketing, content marketing, and branding/messaging
- Creation, execution and management of integrated marketing communications programs
- Creative, flexible mindset with the ability to incorporate analytics and data to inform decisions
- Experience solving complex communication challenges
- Highly developed strategic thinking and execution skills; ability to achieve excellence and meet goals. Proven ability to bring creative approaches to a results-driven organization.
- Strength in building, leading, managing and developing successful teams
- Possess ability to cultivate a collaborative working environment and one where all are encouraged to constructively challenge ideas/decisions
- Communicates up, across, and within the team with clarity and purpose; strong relationship building, with ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Passion for a blend of hands-on and strategic work with internal and agency partners. Strong work ethic in general with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Skilled in operating in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal tools
- Ability to travel, as needed (<10%) including possible international travel
Working at KARL STORZ during COVID-19
KARL STORZ will continue to maintain a safe work environment for our employees. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking. The impact and/or company-issued personal protection equipment may vary based on the nature and location of the role. Please click here to learn more about our response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
- Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.