- Operate the computer.
- Input outside purchased raw materials and finished goods following set procedure
- Input and print bills of lading
- Become familiar with quantities on hand to cover current shipments
- Call freight lines for pick-ups and freight rates
- Keep current file of masters of all nonstock finished good items. Properly record all partial shipments
- Compare finished quantities on product master against loading ticket against bill of lading on partial and completed finished goods (non- inventory items)
- Compare and verify loading tickets against bill of lading as far as quantity loaded and shipped to customer
- Attach signed original bill of lading with load ticket
- Input receiving information into system
- Prepare a Pallet Report and forward to General Sales Manager and Production Manager weekly
- Must have working telephone number on file with Human Resource Department, Shipping Superintendent. Shipping Supervisor, and Plant Superintendent at all times
- Learn relevant local and company requirements, rules and procedures. Strictly follows rules and guidelines and always uses the right procedure for the job. Promptly reports incidents, near-misses, and unsafe conditions or processes. SKNA employees regardless of level, position or tenure are responsible for upholding the safety standards regulations and policies.
- Additional duties assigned by management to insure the efficient operation of the Company
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 months - 1 year + general office experience dealing with people
- Six months' computer or data entry experience
- Must be a good communicator to the effect he/she will be dealing with a wide variety of people; i.e., Truck Drivers, customers, vendors, Sales Service staff
- Six months - One-year shipping/receiving experience, preferred
- Six months - One-year corrugated box plant experience, preferred
Smurfit Kappa is a FTSE 100 company and one of the leading providers of paper-based packaging in the world, with operations in 23 European countries and 12 countries in the Americas.
Smurfit Kappa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, status as a Vietnam Era, disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal Veteran, recently separated or other protected veteran. Smurfit Kappa also complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where Smurfit Kappa operates.
Our vision is to be a globally admired business, dynamically delivering secure and superior returns for all stakeholders.