TITLE: Vehicle Sales Consultant
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
FLSA STATUS: Partial Exempt
The New/Used vehicle sales person is directly responsible for generating sales of new and/or used vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards. This Includes follow up on leads generated from Digital and social media related channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend sales meetings where a portion of which relates to the legal handling and processing of documents related to a vehicle sales transaction.
- Know and understand the federal, state, and local laws that govern retail auto sales
- Process all paperwork required by federal, state, and county laws.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completely and accurately filled out.
- Obtain and review customer’s driver’s license and credit application.
- Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
- Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Offers test drives to all prospects.
- Maintain a positive and optimistic attitude.
- Build strong rapport with customers.
- Follow up with Digital Leads via process established by the Internet Sales Director
- Perform high-quality, professional, and knowledgeable presentation and demonstration of new/used vehicles.
- Learn to overcome objections, close sales, and perform all other steps of the sales process in accordance with company standards.
- Ensure that, as part of the delivery process, the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to assess progress towards achieving goals.
- Report to the Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews, and analyses.
- Develop career skills through regular training and instruction.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction. Also maintain a prospect development and referral system.
- Keep abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc. Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technological changes in the product.
- Know and understand equity and values, and be able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Introduce customers to service department personnel to emphasize to customers the quality and efficiency of the dealership's service operations.
- Follow-up with all Internet and VIP Referrals as soon as possible (ideally, within minutes, but no longer than one hour) - must provide own mobile communication device.
- Refer VIP Referrals that originate from other sales people (same store) back to the originating sales person.
- Refer VIP Referrals to others within the group for the vehicle makes that you do not sell.
- Be on time for scheduled shift and meetings, cover entire shift, and clock in/out daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S., have a valid driver license and professional appearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or the equivalent. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Valid in-state driver's license. Professional personal appearance. Excellent communication skills. Ability to sell a minimum quota according to dealership standards. Acceptable driving record.
Inventory Control Software, internet, Microsoft Office Products
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Will stand and move throughout the dealership facility (lot, showroom, service department, offices) for most of the shift. Will spend time outdoors showing vehicles to prospective customers and to drive vehicles in traffic during test drives. Evening, holiday and weekend work hours will be required. The noise level in the environment may be loud.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job and to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances dictate.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this Job Description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I also understand that this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the Company has the same right.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $5,000.00 - $15,000.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location