We are presently recruiting for a full time Accounts Receivable Supervisor. This position will be based in the Markham office. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will oversee all aspects of credit & collections, reconciliation and reporting of the accounts receivables in accordance with Enghouse policy and procedures and supervise the A/R team. In addition, the A/R function includes Cash Applications, verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, operations and customers and perform month-end close entries and reconciliations and assist the Operations Finance Manager in integrating the account receivable process of newly acquired companies into Enghouse. The Supervisor will oversee all functions.
- Ensure achievement of aging, DSO and other relevant targets through weekly review with A/R staff
- Ensure reconciliations of accounts, sub-ledgers, general ledgers, systems, lockboxes and credit card payments
- Ensure cash applications, and submission of invoices are completed accurately and timely
- Ensure timely dispute resolution; negotiate best possible resolution to escalated customer/Enghouse requests, concerns and issues as required
- Ensure A/R collects on time and as per the agreed terms and escalate past due accounts timely
- Approve all irregular or unusual transactions within defined limits/ authority and escalate for approval as required
- Audit delinquent accounts and submit to outside agencies for collection as appropriate
- Review AR subledger for customer overpayments and deposits and perform reclass accordingly.
- Lead the monthly AR meetings with sales and management to expedite collection efforts
Supervise Accounts Receivable Department:
- Supervise, coach, train the A/R team; provide input/feedback and participate performance planning/evaluation of A/R staff
- Coordinate work schedules, account assignment and task priority of A/R team
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the A/R functions
- Recommend/implement improvements to increase process efficiency and effectiveness
- Evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures, and assist in the development and implementation of changes to credit policy
- Establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Assist in integration of companies/products as required
- Prepare and Review collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding
- Interface with appropriate functions within Enghouse and provide timely weekly and monthly reporting on key A/R metrics to reflect credit activities, cash application, customer balances, DSO calculations, status of accounts, KPIs etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Business degreed or diploma in accounting
- Advanced computer / excel skills are required, experience with finance applications, & Great Plains is a plus
- Supervisory experience (has had direct reports), preferably in an Accounts Receivable function
- Experience in developing policies and procedures and training staff members
- Experience with Withholding Tax and sales/VAT taxes is a definite asset
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Strong influence and conflict resolution skills (internally and with customers)
- Sound understanding of Enghouse policies, procedures, systems & products
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Sound judgment; strong interpersonal and communication skills
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Enghouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer.