Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2021) is seeking a* SpecialProjects Developer.*
Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for eleven consecutive years.
A Day in the Life:
Provide Damuth s 5-Star Experience to internal and external clients with project development. This to include technical mentoring for Damuth installation team and sales, along with technical and estimating support for Service Solutions Sales Team in pursuit of negotiated projects such as Turnkey Equipment Replacements, Indoor Air Quality Solutions and Quoted BAS Service Projects. This new role will work across all Damuth client accounts and all Service Teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years successful experience in project development, estimating and installation of BAS solutions for occupied buildings is required.
- Minimum 5 years successful experience in project development, estimating and installation of commercial HVAC equipment in occupied buildings is required. Experience should include the replacement of Packaged RTU s (5-130 Tons), Air Cooled Chillers (20-300 tons), Cooling Towers (20-300 tons), Packaged Commercial Boilers, Split Systems (10-60 Tons).
- Experience in project managing the safety, financial, code compliance and quality control risks associated with Special Projects that are fulfilled directly for building owners.
- Experience in developing clear scopes of work and division of responsibilities for projects.
- Recent work experience in an array of commercial facilities (Healthcare, Education, Municipal, Light Industrial)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical/Financial Support of Sales Activities
- Collaborate and manage conflict/overlap with other Damuth fulfillment teams.
- Have a core understanding of the sequencing and progress of work involved in small HVAC retrofit projects including, but not limited to, piping, electrical and sheet metal installation; demolition and disposal of existing equipment and utilities; modifications required to adapt new equipment and utilities to existing infrastructure.
- Conduct walk-through of client facilities with Account Managers to determine project viability.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with Account Mangers, vendors and subcontractors to define a viable project.
- Interview clients to determine wish lists and assess client expectations for the project.
- Schedule and lead project development meetings; coordinate project roles and responsibilities; manage documentation of action items for commitment clarity and drive accountability.
- Able to develop projects with a view to maximizing the integration of both mechanical and BAS systems needs within a client s site.
- Coordinate with Damuth Sales and Operations leaders for pipeline management and consistent project installation and documentation standards.
- Document clear scope details for each project with inclusions and exclusions.
- Coordinate the proposal document strategy and tactics with the Account Manager.
Project Execution Phase
- Manage all aspects of each project from initial sale to final completion and client turnover.
- Plan and direct both Damuth and external resources involved in the execution.
- Identify, develop roles and hire associates or develop subcontractor relationships for all installation labor as needed.
- Provide weekly project updates for sales and operations teams; Provide regular project updates for the client.
- Plan and lead all client facing meetings related to each project (kickoff, progress reports, final closeout).
- Provide Damuth s 5-Star Experience. Our commitment is to have our clients feel understood, respected, valued, impressed and championed during every interaction.
- Return all client inquiries within 24 hours. Answer client calls and e-mail quickly, thoroughly and pleasantly. Communicate with clients in a friendly, professional, and patient manner.
- Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining long-term client relationships.
- Immediately address any client s concern. Request the involvement of other Company personnel as required. Notify Team Leader of any major concerns and the action taken to resolve it.
- Success of each project – On-time completion, compliance with budget, completion of all scope items, client satisfaction
- Successful development of future skilled specialists (equipment replacements, legacy BAS upgrades, IAQ)
- Quality of scope development, estimating and team behavior.
- Complete all project estimates, proposals and presentations by the agreed-upon date/time.
- Internal and external client service will be periodically measured by various feedback methods including face to face interviews, phone surveys and written
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the Company.
- Provide backup support for other team members.
- Coordinate with Damuth associates (BAS and Comprehensive Solutions, Sales) to determine the best development and fulfillment path for each sales opportunity, based on the complexity, duration, specialty skills or subcontractors required for success. Engage Damuth s Sales, Operations and Financial leaders for guidance as needed to maneuver through challenges.
- Continually look for ways to improve processes and serve our clients effectively.
- Improve personal performance on a continual basis. Suggest training programs or other opportunities for improvement to Team Leader as they apply.
- Understand and follow safe working practices and comply with all Damuth safety standards.
- Complete required safety training on time.
- Proper PPE equipment must be used at all times within industrial facilities and in construction zones.
- Notify Team Leader or EHS Leader of any unsafe conditions.
- Comply with all client safety requirements during jobsite visits.
- Required- Strong technical writing skills.
- Preferred- Strong systems knowledge of HVAC.
- Preferred- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Preferred- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of owners, managers, clients, and the general public.
- Required- Ability to work regularly and dependably as well as function in a team environment.
- Required- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required, including some travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Required- Self-motivated
- Required- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Preferred- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Preferred- Ability to comprehend new software systems, tools, and updates.
- Required- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
- Responsible for supervision of Damuth employees and subcontractors on jobsites.
- This role does not currently have any direct reports; subject to change as business growth dictates.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Technical degree is desired
- Successful completion of OSHA 10-hour Construction Training Course is required (or within 1-month of hire)
- Must possess a valid driver s license and demonstrate a good driving record.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both written and orally.
- Mobility within the office and on job sites.
- Effectively walk jobs, climb ladders, and safely work on equipment with small tools. For example, be able to remove screws on a unit to look at the controls on a rooftop unit where access is by ladder, either external or through a hatch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position will on occasion, require the associate to visit construction jobsites where noise could be excessive, and PPE must be worn.
- Required - Ability to pass drug screening.
- Required - Ability to pass formal background check.
- Required - Able to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Required - Willing to travel locally as required.
What Differentiates Us
- We have been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for eleven consecutive years.
- We want to do all we can to maintain the health of our community and continue to improve the living conditions.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with associates interests in mind (Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term disability, 401k Contribution, Paid Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, Laptop, Smart Phone, PPE, weekly pay and more!)
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online: http://www.damuth.com/careers/
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE including Disability/Vets, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time