SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Inside Sales • Nvoicepay Headquarters, Beaverton, OR
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for providing quality prospects to our national sales teams. As an SDR you will be responsible for prospecting and cold calling into targeted markets (80+ phone calls per day), coordinating with Marketing in lead generation efforts and qualifying prospective customers for Sales VPs. In addition, the SDR will manage and nurture opportunities to ensure their progression through the sales funnel. This position requires a self-driven individual with exceptional, professional communication skills.
- Proactively discover qualified prospects within target markets to drive new sales opportunities.
- Follow up on leads produced by inbound marketing campaigns based on established criteria.
- Research prospective accounts to understand needs, build target lists, and develop effective emails and scripts.
- Schedule introductions/ meetings for Sales, assign leads, and ensure timely follow up.
- Maintain Salesforce records by continuously logging prospecting activities, adding new contacts, and updating account information with useful account intelligence.
- Deliver consistent activity to achieve monthly and quarterly goals and objectives.
- Provide constructive suggestions for improving the inbound/outbound sales development processes.
- Perform miscellaneous project and duties as assigned.
- Some college coursework or equivalent experience required; college degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant sales experience (preferably in a SaaS environment).
- Experience in phone sales and modern prospecting.
- Advanced computer skills required, including high level knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) required. Experience with a Sales Engagement Platform (SalesLoft) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Sales and Marketing — Ability to multitask and work in a deadline-driven, time-sensitive environment. Ability to build relationships. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior. Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences. Relationship building, including established contacts and relationships with potential customers in key markets, and maintaining those relationships over time.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and talking to others to convey information effectively. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships.
- Critical thinking and persuasion— using logic and reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Technology— knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and data driven tools. Ability to learn Nvoicepay’s systems and software. Use of database products, CRM software (Salesforce), Sales Engagement software (SalesLoft), fax and phone systems.
- English Language and Comprehension— Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Service Orientation and Social Perceptiveness— Actively looking for ways to help people while being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Data Entry and Verification – Ability to accurately record, verify, audit and follow-up on data within specified time frames. Ability to arrange actions within rules and procedures.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records in a database, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures; job affects other job roles. Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring goals for productivity and efficiency are met.
- Decisions are made within specific operational guidelines. Decisions and service affect Sales department and potential customers.
- Work is checked and supervised daily.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Contacts are made both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include the Marketing and Sales teams, leads and managers. External contacts include potential customers.
- Position requires regular contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on problem solving, customer service and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both phone or email and focus on outbound contact. Headsets are used regularly for phone work.
- Information exchange will include confidential or sensitive information.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
Progression: Representative Senior Representative
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FLT) is a global leader in business payments. We simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Our portfolio of brands help companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on behalf of, their suppliers and employees. Our payment solutions cover four primary expense categories: Payables, Tolls, Fuel, and Lodging. We serve businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.6 billion in revenue. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution, and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives, which allows each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.
WORKING FOR NVOICEPAY
Nvoicepay is a growing company that values people. We offer many perks outside of the challenging and satisfying work– a new facility near Portland, Oregon; competitive pay and paid benefits; generous time off policy; flexible dress code; snack and drink pantry; and much more. Our environment is comfortable and welcoming with many common areas and the ability to communicate and solve problems across departments. We are proud of the work we do to help other companies but also value work-life balance.
Nvoicepay is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.