Sales & Business Development Manager
Thursday, July 22, 2021
For nearly 100 years, DuBois has delivered improved product quality and lower costs to customers in target industries. We combine advanced chemistry, equipment solutions, manufacturing process knowledge, and local technical service to create unsurpassed value.
The SBDM will work in coordination with the Regional Sales Manager and Canadian Business Directors to achieve and surpass the sales goals of the DuBois product line through direct sales, product line support and new customer acquisition. The SBDM will discover and develop current market opportunities suited to our product chemistry. The ideal candidate will be responsible for growing the territory by building and maintaining an active sales funnel.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conduct regular customer business reviews, financial results and build strong long-term customer relationships.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of clients’ needs and requirements.
- Expand, manage, and support customer relationships across a given geography utilizing a diverse product offering
- Creating superior value add and continuously proposing solutions that meet customer objectives to maintain the Least Cost Operating Solution
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Perform work in a professional manner in alignment with the DuBois Brand.
- Attending sales meetings at customers and prospects.
- Identifying market opportunities that fit DuBois product line offering.
- Utilizing available resources for successful products and map them into the Alberta marketplace.
- Effectively communicating chemical program benefits in all DuBois Canada Business Segments (Water Treatment, Food & Beverage, Industrial, Metalworking, Surface Finishing, Lubricants, Construction, Equipment, Transportation, and specialty products).
- Learning and promoting the Aqua Analytics program as a market differentiator for chemical program control.
- Developing inbound lead generation channels through thought leadership.
- Maintaining a constant focus safety; both in work environments and while driving.
- Effective communicator who collaborates with team members and other cross functional support employees
- Executing opportunity-based sales processes from prospecting through to closing sales and maintaining an organized pipeline and activity records within company platforms.
- Working closely with customers to understand the unique business needs and recommend products, services, and continuous improvement opportunities that will optimize chemical and utilities consumption.
- This position requires frequent travel to customers from your home base.
- Overnight and international travel may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science field preferred
- A minimum of 10 years related sales experience with a successful track record in acquiring new sales
- Driven and competitive individual who has experience working in industrial chemical sales
- Experience in metalworking, water treatment, surface finishing and/or cleaning & sanitation
- Demonstrated high account retention and territory growth
- Highly motivated individual with a willingness to learn the products and services in detail
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Demonstrated success in new business development
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and CRM functionality
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
- Competitive Salary & Benefit Package
- RRSP Plan including company matching program
- Company provided vehicle, cell phone and computer
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
- Job Family
Sales / Service
- Pay Type
- Travel Required