As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the Visa Global Operating Certificate team in Foster City, California. The Operating Certificates are reports filed by financial institutions on a quarterly/Monthly basis. Visa uses the reports to assess quarterly Service Fees and perform other industry metric analysis. The Operating Certificate team is responsible for assisting and training clients with the quarterly/monthly filing, analyzing submitted data, and resolving reporting errors. In addition, the team is responsible for billing process to assess quarterly/monthly service fees.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions
Review newly executed Issuer and Acquirer contracts to assess Visa's contractual pricing obligations
Responsible to enter/maintain Clients’ key contract terms in the contract database and perform multi factor reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy
Prepare complex pricing adjustment calculations (both accrual and cash basis)
Develop new and maintain existing financial models to monitor revenue and pricing compliance on a monthly or quarterly basis
Perform ongoing reviews of billing systems, processes and controls through the interpretation of historical financial, operational and transactional data to mitigate the risks of potential billing errors
Analyze revenue data and prepare customer/product revenue reports for Management
Support Revenue Project team and Financial Systems Strategy on Revenue Planning Analysis (RPA) initiative to replace the current reporting/billing system
Perform quantitative analysis using data mining and database query tools to build confident level on accuracies of clients’ reporting
Drive value for Visa using multiple data points to identify unusual anomalies among clients’ FANF reporting and answer critical questions for business teams
Analyze US acquiring/merchant population to understand payment acceptance behavior that identify revenue leakage/incremental revenue opportunities
Leverage big data and cutting-edge data mining techniques, as well as modeling and segmentation using technology software, such as Hadoop, Python, R and related query engines, to perform business / technical data analyses interpret large data and unusual anomalies within FANF reporting
Develop high-level deliverables based on data analytics and communicate results to a business audience
Continually apply sound judgment and analytical methods to ensure professional standards are satisfied
Take responsibility for identified issues including additional research, discussion with the Business, Account Executives and client, development of practical solutions, documentation and calculation of the respective fee adjustments
Effectively communicate with internal and external business partners/clients to be an effective business partner and provide value added trainings to Visa clients
Advance with Excel skills to confidently use Macros and VB tools to assist with various process automations and complex analyses
Assist with all other ad-hoc revenue projects and analyses and reports as needed
Stay informed of general business/regulatory developments and their impact on the billing functions and Payment processing industry
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 Plus years of work experience in a business/analyst-related occupation with a bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or related field)
- High attention to detail with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources for a variety of audiences including technology and business executives
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, quantitative and qualitative skills, with experience taking raw data and drawing actionable insights from it and formulating it into effective presentations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with a keen attention to detail. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels, capable of summarizing and communicating key financial information and business strategy at an executive level
- Expertise in MS Excel/Access to confidently use Macros and VB tool; Word; PowerPoint; and knowledge of SQL
- Be willing to travel (20%)
- Strong data analytical skills
- Intermediate to advance Excel/Access skills
- Extensive data analysis skills and an aptitude for understanding, interpretation and investigation
- Card payment infrastructure and/or merchant operations experience a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally and operate autonomously
- Strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Track record in issues prioritization, effective conflict resolution and execution
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; demonstration of entrepreneurial spirit.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.