Are you ready to turn your management experience into a rewarding long-term career with a dynamic and quickly-growing leader in the hospitality industry? Work with us. We need energetic and personable management professionals just like you to serve as Hotel General Managers.
This hands-on hospitality management role will find you charged with ensuring a positive experience for every hotel guest while developing a team of six to nine employees in roles at the front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and after hours support. Managers receive comprehensive training including time at our corporate headquarters and competitive salary to reward you for a job well done and benefit packages that ensure you feel and can be your best. Our general managers also open their own door for career growth within our organization including area manager and other opportunities.
Plans, directs, or coordinates all aspects of the hotel property including staffing, operations, and customer satisfaction. Oversees property maintenance and appearance. Monitors all operating costs, budgets, and forecasts. Familiar with a variety of hospitality concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads the work of others.
- Recruits, hires, and trains quality staff.
- Manages all hotel staff, including creating work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Submits all personnel paperwork, including drug test results and I-9s, in a timely manner.
- Approves time and attendance records, ensuring employees are clocking in and out properly. Ensures employees acknowledge / approve that all hours worked have been recorded.
- Reviews and approves property payroll daily. Ensures timely submission of approved timecards to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
- Conducts performance reviews for team members and follows progressive disciplinary process to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Manages the hotel in accordance with the business plan and budget.
- Develops, administers, and reviews property revenue and expense budgets each day.
- Authorizes direct bill accounts and monitors the administration of Accounts Receivable. Maintains AWR to target by controlling discounts and ensures guest payments are made on time.
- Develops and maintains rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, business partners, clients, etc. Responsible for knowing area attractions and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs.
- Maintains hotel operations consistent with Brand Standards. Inspects rooms, public spaces, and storage areas daily to ensure all rooms and public spaces are guest ready and storage areas are clean and safe.
- Completes the daily audit, makes daily bank deposits, reviews and approves transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures, OSHA Workplace Standards, and ensures all team members are trained to act in a safe manner at all times and what to do in the event of an emergency or accident at the property.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews daily front office procedures and assures proper transmission of all necessary information to the La Quinta Inn and Suites Hotels corporate office.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operating in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Creates an operating environment that ensures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Establishes and follows appropriate cash control procedures and ensures team members follow appropriate cash control procedures, including making daily bank deposits.
- Establishes and implements company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with RDO, peers, and staff members as necessary.
- Conducts essential sales activity including: inside sales, competitive set lot drives, and sales calls. Sends local, regional, and national leads to RDO and RDFS. Essential functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
- Action Oriented– Demonstrates a commitment to effective job performance by taking action on one’s own and following through to get the job done. Effectively manages multiple priorities with a results-oriented sense of urgency.
- Business Acumen– Has a solid understanding of the hotel industry and keeps abreast of best practices and trends. Understand the mission, structure, and functions of the organization and the potential impact of own performance on the success of the business.
- Conflict Management– Successfully mediates conflict between individuals and groups; can negotiate consensus and agreement and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and obtain cooperation of parties involved.
- Decision Making– Generating, evaluating, and implementing solutions to problems. Able to balance the “ideal world” with the “real world” and make sound decisions considering the best interest of the organization.
- Interpersonal Skills– Displays the skills to work effectively with others.
- Professionalism– Maintaining a professional presence. Demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- manager: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location