Decisiv is looking for an experienced, creative, and well-rounded Senior DevOps Engineer, with experience in software development, systems architecture & engineering, and production support of a complex operational environment, to join our Enterprise Architecture team.
An ideal candidate for this role will be an expert in the software development life-cycle and be able to design, build, and maintain an effective & reliable CI/CD pipeline across multiple tools, deployment environments, and technologies. We're looking for an individual with skills and disposition to establish strong relationships across the organization, build trust, educate and evangelize on DevOps, and empower developer teams to successfully deliver quality software products.
Decisiv is a rapidly growing industry leader in the asset management and service supply chain marketplace. Our size means you’ll have major opportunities to expand your skill-set and contribute in a big way to the future of our products. Accordingly, our employees are a group of self-starters, eager to produce quickly and solve big problems for our customers. We’re agile, flexible, and autonomous, working remotely via Slack, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and Zoom.
Your career growth and development is top-of-mind for us too. You’ll learn a lot here. We truly believe that your success is our success. And while we will expect a lot from you, we also value your life outside of work; recharging is important, and we strive to offer an environment that reflects that.
We’re looking for essential qualities that are hard to fake: humility, open-mindedness, technical acumen, good decision-making, experience, depth, curiosity, and kindness. We’re looking to grow a well-rounded and closely-knit team, so there’s not a fixed profile that we’re hiring for. We’re looking for game-changers of all backgrounds who can make a unique contribution in a small team environment.
- Design, automate, deploy, and maintain cloud-based AWS production systems
- Work collaboratively with others in the development team to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to development teams on DevOps best practices
- Critically evaluate current processes and tools to improve the product engineering and testing experience
- Define initiatives to improve infrastructure, reduce technical debt, and minimize system complexity
- Serve as a thought leader for DevOps industry trends, new and existing technology offerings, and architectural concepts
- Provide 24/7 operational support on a rotation basis
Desired Skills & Experience
- One of these:
- B.S. in C.S. or similar with 5 years of related work experience or
- An advanced degree with 3 years of related work experience or
- 7+ years equivalent work experience
- 6-8 years experience in a mix of software development and production operations
- Architectural leadership experience with distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
- Broad technical knowledge and expertise with Ruby and Python, Java, Go, & Bash
- Experience with large portions of the AWS ecosystem (including EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, RDS, CloudFormation, and others)
- Experience managing a production environment based on Linux
- Experience developing build pipelines with Circle CI and Jenkins (or similar continuous integration and deployment tooling)
- Experience working with competing work streams with JIRA or similar workflow and issue tracking frameworks
- Experience empowering teammates with self-service applications and tools
- Experience mentoring and/or tutoring other team members through pair programming, code review, and team or company brown-bag presentations
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools like Instana, NewRelic, Rollbar, AppSignal, BugSnag, or similar
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation, or similar
- Experience with written and public communication
- Experience with or ability to grow skills with Amazon Web Services, with a goal to have or achieve the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification
Show Us What You’ve Got
We would love to see your GitHub account, code samples, or anything that shows your work.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas.