Metrix is the preferred supplier of industrial condition monitoring systems to many of the world’s leading manufacturers and users of cooling towers, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, and other rotating and reciprocating machinery. With headquarters in Houston, Texas, we operate in more than 40 countries via factory-direct sales and service professionals, along with a strategic network of instrumentation partners. We pioneered the concept of simple, affordable machinery protection with our seismic measurement technology. Initially focused on geophysical exploration, this technology also found abundant applications for vibration measurements on industrial machines and has been our focus for 50 years. Metrix operates as a unit of Roper Technologies, Inc. a diversified growth company and a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices.
You will support the Applications Support Group to ensure customer satisfaction by providing application, technical and product support to customers pre-sale and post-sale. Your focus will be on technical and commercial support for the sales process, including preparation of commercial/technical proposals and documents that define preliminary application, product or Control System Design, hardware requirements, training, and product installation at customer sites. The successful candidate will have a strong electronics background, good communications skills and enjoy learning technical products and their applications. You will receive excellent training and support from our dynamic Metrix team.
The Technical Support Specialist works directly in Technical Support within the Applications Support Group and works closely with Inside Sales, Customer Service, Quality, Procurement, and Operations in the following ways:
- Provide on-site services to customers for the installation of Metrix Products, including electrical instrumentation supervision, configuration and site acceptance testing (using Shakers, Voltmeters, Oscilloscopes, and other necessary test equipment).
- Provide objective technical application support via email, over the phone or in-field support directly with customers, Reps and Distributors.
- Provide technical support for internal customers and distribution network.
- Work closely with Inside Sales to develop proposals including product selection and pricing.
- Provide training and support to external customers and authorized representatives.
- Process technical specifications, for job proposal and contracts that includes preliminary Application, Product or Control System Design, and hardware requirements.
- Use engineering studies and design documents to generate basis of design documents for successful projects. Consisting of Application and Site details for mounting, measuring, installation, and on-site training upon completion of project.
- Review of existing customer installations, retrofits, or upgrades to look for process improvements and related economical justifications.
- Understands and anticipates customers’ needs and provides Company solutions to meet those needs. Those solutions may involve new product development.
- Provide technical support for sales employees, representatives, and customers and for information to internal customers with training and/or technical papers.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Backup applications support for other Metrix sites.
- Create CAD drawings for installation of Metrix products used by Sales and the customer.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Work independently and employ effective time management skills.
- Explore and identify sales opportunities when working with customers.
- Up to 35% travel required, includes possible international.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- B.S Degree in a technical field or equivalent plus two years’ experience; or
- Associates Degree in an Electronics Field (equivalent military experience acceptable) with a minimum 4 years’ experience in an electronics environment in a technical role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in computer aided design (CAD – AutoCAD preferred) and able to create electronic schematics.
- Prefer electronics background with experience reading wiring diagrams and electronic schematics.
- Prefer technical writing ability with emphasis on consultative selling approach.
- Basic knowledge of turbomachinery and general-purpose machinery is a plus.
- Knowledge of condition monitoring is a plus..
- Demonstrate ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and customers.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-time