Currently in hyper-growth, Rival Technologies is looking for a Business Development Associate to join our growing team. This role is responsible for providing clients with the correct solution to boost growth of our organization, increase customer acquisition levels and profitability. The ideal candidate is someone with a "hunter" mentality, as the primary responsibility is to hunt for and close new business; this is not a “farmer” or account management role.
Reporting directly to the CRO, this role is arguably one of the most important in our business.You generate leads, book meetings and act as the primary point of contact for almost all of our prospects. Sales live and die with you. The vast majority of our pipeline is generated by your efforts. At the same time, for most this role is a critical step in your professional evolution. Succeed as a BDA and chances are you’ll be stepping into an account executive role in a year or two. As much as we want the leads, we want you to stay with us over the long term. So let’s talk about what that looks like at Rival.
But, why us for your next career adventure?
When you join Rival Technologies, you’re joining a high-growth startup solving a massive problem for the $76-billion research industry. We’re developing voice, video and chat solutions that allow global brands to get richer and more accurate insights on the attitudes, opinions and preferences of their customers.
By allowing companies to engage consumers via modern technologies that people use, we’re boldly taking the insights world to its next phase — and we’re looking for great talent to join this rocket ship. Could that be you!
A few reasons why you should choose Rival: You’ll be helping market a company with an innovative product and a lot of momentum.
- We are currently a remote-first workplace. We offer a Home Office Stipend, Monthly Internet Stipend and Corporate Cellphone Plan to make sure you are comfortable, connected and well set up in your space,
- A culture that’s built on trust and hard work, while still having a good time,
- Leadership that invests in you, your development and career growth,
- A dedicated BDR support to aid your prospecting efforts and pipeline growth,
- We have a lineup of customers many could only dream of working with, including Warner Bros., Jagermeister, the Vancouver Canucks and ViacomCBS,
- We compensate fairly. We are committed to pay equity/fair pay practices and closing the gender salary gap. Our compensation package proudly includes:
- Competitive base salary,
- Uncapped commission earning potential,
- Stock options,
- 100% employer paid benefits plan including paramedical and mental health support,
- Generous vacation allowance,
- Self-managed approach to sick, personal and mental health days, and
- Parental leave top up just to name a few!
Interested? Yeah. We thought you might be.
What You’ll Do:
- Supporting a strategic account model by identifying and qualifying leads.
- Generating a high volume, high quality outreach cadence.
- Setting up calls and running the intro meetings.
- Demonstrating an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Being highly organized in planning and implementing both strategic and tactical aspects of the sales process.
- Consistently performing a variety of demand generation activities, including making phone calls, sending emails, using LinkedIn and attending or prospecting into conferences.
Who You Are:
- You have 1+ years of business development experience.
- You bring experience in tech sales and are able to demonstrate product knowledge.
- You exhibit curiosity, intellect, magnetism and hunger for results.
- You’re tenacious and don’t give up when facing challenges.
- You're articulate and crisp in your writing and verbally.
- You’re highly organized and disciplined in order to achieve results.
- You’re an excellent communicator (both written and oral) and understand the importance of ongoing and proactive communications and closing the loop.
- You have a strong track record of excellence in education or work.
- You have a personal history of interest in sales, marketing or entrepreneurship.
- You have a University or college degree (preferred, but not required).
We can't wait to meet you - apply now!
Please apply here: https://rivaltechnologies.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=54&source=aWQ9Mg%3D%3D
If you think you’re a good fit, please connect with us ASAP with your resume.
Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role. We thank everyone for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Rival employees are working remotely for the time being as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom and the position will be 100% work remote until internal work from home restrictions are lifted.
No recruiters and no phone calls, please!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Rival Technologies Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, age, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of quota carrying sales experience do you have?
- Do you have experience selling in a SaaS environment?
- How many years experience do you have working with Salesforce?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? Please note, at this time Rival is unable to offer support/sponsorship for work permits/visa applications.
- Anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself or your application? We are all ears - or, well... eyes. Since we'll be reading this... But you get the point : )
- Temporarily due to COVID-19