Note: Relocation is NOT required for this position. For the right person, this role can work fully remote, including after return to office due to COVID.
What does it mean to be a Software Engineer at Cardinal Health?
- At Cardinal Health, we expect all our engineers to be full-stack developers that can work in each technical layer of modern software development.
- A Software Engineer at Cardinal Health works in an Agile development environment as a hands-on developer, collaborating closely with internal stakeholders to build and deliver new, innovative solutions that will transform healthcare into a safer and more cost-effective industry.
- Object Oriented experience required; Java experience highly preferred
- Experience in client-side web development
- Experience in data modeling and API design
- Experience with SQL/relational databases
- Experience with NO-SQL platforms and concepts preferred
- Experience with modern cloud hosting platforms
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration systems strongly preferred
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/IT/IS or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in software development
- Experience in health or healthcare related field desirable
- Full-time remote position possible for the right candidate
- Light travel: 3-5 times a year
Attributes of the right person for this role:
- You possess a highly collaborative, team-first attitude.
- You are a creator with a desire to develop products that positively impact lives.
- You are a self-starter who loves to solve problems through technology.
- You have hands-on experience throughout the technology stack.
- You love to be involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP thru building a scalable production system.
- You have a passion and proven track record for creating robust, scalable applications.
- You love working on high performing teams and collaborating with team members of all disciplines.
- You are passionate about delivering quality products though practices like TDD, ATDD and other software validation and testing approaches.
- You are motivated by solving challenging technical problems.
- You get excited by the thought of no legacy code.
- You are willing to understand complex, and sometimes non-technical, customer and business needs.
- You possess a perpetual learner mindset.
- You are motivated by innovating in a fast-paced, team centered-environment.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.