While some dream of a better energy future, Peak Power is building it. Founded in 2015, Peak has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets. Our Synergy software platform optimizes the operation of distributed energy resources by forecasting and predicting the behavior of electricity markets.
Reporting to the VP of Product, the Product Manager will leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) and AI/ML to develop the Peak Insight product. This role will be pivotal in driving the strategy, execution, and delivery of product capabilities that deliver value for our customers. You will get to work with a diverse team of product managers, product designers, and building science experts in a fast-paced start-up. The solutions and experiences you drive will intersect with multiple internal cross-functional teams and our end-users in commercial real estate.
This work matters. Even a small change to optimize power utilization can significantly impact our customers, electrical grid, and environment. We're building something that will have a lasting, positive impact.
Our new Product Manager will:
Deliver. You have excellent time management and project management skills; you can plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities.
- Launch new features and products in collaboration with Product Design, Engineering, and Marketing
- Execute against priorities and roadmap, acting as Product Owner for our agile development process
Develop. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to find solutions to complex problems, evaluate new product features, use data, trends to improve user experience
- Develop a technical understanding of our products, systems, processes, and services and work across the organization to improve product scalability
- Establish a roadmap across products, features, and internal tools to deliver the product value
Collaborate. You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to keep everyone on the same page when working cross-functionally. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one, and you are driven by collective success.
- Identify actionable insights and value propositions from interaction with customers, end-users, and stakeholders
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Success to support go-to-market of new features and products
- Grow. You are a critical thinker who can seize opportunities to create value towards Peak Power's long-term vision for Building Optimization. You will be a role model of Peak Power's Visionary, Passionate, and Collaborative values as we bring new ideas to the energy sector to build a better future.
What you bring to Peak Power:
- The education. You have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical background. MS, Ph.D., or MBA is considered as an asset.
- The experience. You have proven experience delivering success in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams. You have a minimum of 2-4 years of product management experience with SaaS software, mobile apps, and IoT or can demonstrate alternative knowledge that has prepared you for this role. Experience in building automation systems, proptech for commercial real estate, and/or electric utility software products is considered an asset.
- The drive and curiosity. You have a roll up your sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support team success. You are passionate about contributing to innovative solutions to climate change.
- The flexibility. You are flexible to adapt your activities as needed to support evolving team priorities in a rapidly changing business environment. You will be working out of multiple locations and remotely via web meetings, phone, and email. (Note: During COVID-19, on-site interactions will be minimized where possible, and office-based tasks performed remotely.) This role provides opportunities for flexible working arrangements.
So why Peak Power?
We are focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major companies in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. Working with us is to work with an exciting company and be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
Apply here or learn more about our company from our website or LinkedIn.
Peak Power is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.