Metals USA is currently searching for an Inside Sales Representative for our Mobile, AL location. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible to direct sell to established customers and to develop sales prospects within the assigned territory. The Inside Sales Representative will grow profitable sales within a strategic and opportunistic segment. The ISR must generate value added business and introduce products to established clients with coordination of the Outside Sales Representative. The Inside Sales Representative will have a full understanding of sales, customer relations, steel fabrication and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains key customers to ensure a continued base of profitable industrial business. Maintains and expands the database of prospects of the organization. Identifies the target lead decision makers in order to initiate sales process.
- Provides profitable transactional business through solicitation, quoting, email or other tools to grow the business.
- Estimates, quotes effectively customer projects. Converts opportunities into invoiced sales.
- Exceeds assigned sales goals for all competitive product lines. Meets and exceeds assigned sales goals while using market-driven leads
. * Executes sales cancellations or changes in the sales orders, and communicates the changes with the affected internal departments.
- Plans and executes the sales plan in the defined territory. Acts proactively to create opportunities for new business.
- Maintains a current understanding of industry trends and technical developments that influence target accounts.
- Monitors, analyzes and communicates sales data to contribute to production service schedule.
- Responds to customer information requests; collaborates with cross-functional departments to ensure a timely and accurate response. Interacts with Outside Sales, Quality Assurance and Purchasing on a daily basis.
- Articulates the benefits of products to prospective customers relative to the customer’s needs persuasively via the telephone.
- Learns and masters the company’s products and operational procedures. Represents Metals USA in a positive and professional manner.
- Knows the competition and market. Provides exemplary customer service without compromise. Executes outbound and inbound account management; coordinates with customer service for status of orders and expedites orders. Resolves customer service issues as needed.
- Makes outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and email to cross-sell and up-sell. Emphasizes products, service, features and benefits, quotes price and discusses credit terms.
- Ensures the delivery requirement to customers is met.
- Forges relationships with Outside Sales Representatives, Production Managers and Support staff to ensure quality customer service and customer satisfaction. Cooperates with Outside Sales Representative to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Participates in professional and skill training.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for the duties of the Inside Sales Representative; software is company property and cannot be downloaded onto a nonnetwork computer.
- Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum’s Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Construction Management or related field
- Five (5) or more years of industrial steel fabrication, structural steel sales and/or industrial sales
- Experience in calculating proportions, circumference and volume required; prior experience with blue-print and cad drawings preferred
- Experience in selling in the industrial market, B2B selling , fabrication experience a plus
- Ability to communicate oral & written effectively with both internal & external customers
- Ability to multi-task with effective results
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills required
- Must have a professional demeanor and an ability to communicate effectively with all departments to foster a success-oriented, deadline driven organization.
- Ability to learn new skills and technology as it pertains to business and fabrication needs
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism & diplomacy to include telephone etiquette
- Good analytical & organizational skills, able to make sound decisions utilizing the data on hand
- Computer Literacy; Microsoft Office Products and ERP.
- Must have demonstrated entrepreneurial acumen with a competitive edge to ensure sales success and customer satisfaction.
- Position works primarily in an office/cubicle environment.
- Constant Telephone Activity; must have a high comfort level of initiating conversation
- Moderate noise levels
- Dust, fumes and airborne particles
- When travel is required, will be exposed to varying outdoor weather conditions
Occupation requires being sedentary greater than or equal to 80% of the time ( > 7 hours per day)
- Sitting, standing, hearing, talking, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, walk, climb, squat or kneel, bend
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull up to a maximum of 25 pounds without assistance.
- Regularly required to work on multiple concurrent tasks with constant interruptions
- Position requires some limited travel
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location