Who You Are
You are a driven and intellectually curious Business Analyst, with a strong desire to learn and drive our strategy forward through empowering our business with data and insights. You have a passion for solving challenging and critical problems; diving into the weeds when needed by understanding the how and why of business processes to uncover actionable insights and then distilling the mission critical insights for leadership to act on. As an individual who demonstrates initiative, autonomy and resiliency, you are eager to contribute to the success of one of the largest and fastest growing businesses in the consumer health space that is also recognized as one of Canada'sBest ManagedCompanies.
We are seeking an experience Business Analyst to assist with dentalcorp's HCM/ERP implementation. The HCM/ERP Business Analyst serves as a functional resource for the Program. This position will support the analysis of existing / new business processes, gather and document requirements, define and document setup and configuration items, review technical specifications, preparation of data sets, conduct and facilitate fit/gap analysis and design sessions, assist with the development of test cases and other technical collateral materials required for launching new software systems within an organization. Of particular interest are candidates with HR / ERP systems implementation experience.
The Business Analyst acts as a liaison between Human Resources functional user groups and IT to define functional business requirements, analyze and validate system functionality by performing user acceptance testing to ensure solution meets established business requirements.
- Eliciting business requirements through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, and process analysis
- Test systems and applications to ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Provide project support on select initiatives
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure business needs are met and value is delivered
- Analyze information gathered, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into use cases, user stories, process maps, test cases and technical specifications
- Prepare and facilitate workshops and interview sessions to gather requirements, initiate stakeholder impact analysis based on change in business process, define the business analysis approach, and lead requirement activities to drive business systems integration
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements
- Author documentation as required/directed
- Consult with users to understand business needs and systems requirements
- Provide content, user acceptance test creation and business specifications documentation and/or manuals required to establish or enhance existing processes
- Identify and analyze changes to work practices by business users to meet system functionality requirements. Work with business areas to re-design business processes, forms, and practices to meet delivered system functionality
- Maintain updated documentation on applications, technology and solutions and share with project team any new findings or enhancements including best practices. Meet all project deadliness and business requirements
- Participate in documentation inspections and audits. Complete all activities with attention to detail in the agreed timeframe
- Evaluating risks and predicting potential problems
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience in business analysis, process mapping and documentation
- Minimum 3 years' experience in business systems analysis and development of detailed specifications for large, medium or complex systems
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Human Resources Management projects with practical experience in implementation projects
- Experience investigating, analyzing, testing and implementing system applications in a large integrated PC/client-server/internet technology-based delivery environment.
- Strong analytical skills, natural curiosity, deductive reasoning and a desire to learn
- Strong written and oral communication skills-able to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences
- Experience interpreting business requirements, recognizing impact on business processes and making recommendations
- Familiar with application integrations
- Advanced skills with Excel and the MS Office suite of applications
- Strong critical thinker with an aptitude for problem-solving and dealing with ambiguity
- Motivated and analytical, with strong achievement orientation and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can work with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization
- Strong MS Office skills - Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven team player with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work in an ever-changing environment
- Having the courage to find new ways of solving problems, the openness to receiving and acting on feedback
- 6 month contract with possibility of extension
- Remote to start, changing to on-site work (2-33 days/week), pandemic pending
dentalcorp is Canada's largest network of dental practices, committed to advancing the overall well-being of our patients by delivering the best clinical outcomes and an unforgettable experience. dentalcorp acquires leading dental practices, uniting its network of dental professionals by a common goal: to be Canada's most trusted healthcare network. Leveraging its industry-leading technology, know-how and scale, dentalcorp offers dental professionals the unique opportunity to retain their clinical autonomy while unlocking their potential for future growth.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.