Why Join Altec?
Altec is proud to have a long history and commitment to Canada. The reason for our sustained commitment and success is that we listen and create solutions for the challenges our customers face through our dedicated Sales, Service, Parts, and Rental teams in Canada.
This position will focus on our customer base in Ottawa and Quebec.
The preference is for candidates that live in Quebec and speak French and English.
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
The purpose of the Mobile Service Supervisor is to oversee activities of Mobile Service Technicians. Ensure quality repair and maintenance of equipment, such that all jobs are completed with regard to Altec’s values while achieving customer goals.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Bachelor’s Degree required
OR High School Diploma or GED is required with the below:
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience at another manufacturing or service operation (other than Altec) required
In addition to one of the above,
- Strong PC skills are required using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Product or industry knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulic schematics is helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; knowledge of Oracle and Lotus Notes preferred; Computer skills required
- Leadership and communication skills
- Current valid Driver’s License is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel up to 25% of the time
Successful supervisors have a passion for customer service and for helping others. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment, where organization and flexibility are necessary skills.
- Work with Mobile Service Technician (MST) and customer to establish the most efficient and effective schedule for the MST
- Oversee daily activities (customer repairs, expense management, fleet maintenance) to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability
- Enable continuous training for new and current technicians.
- Have safety and environmental considerations and regulations figure prominently in mindset and practice.
- Ensure efficient and effective work methods
- Champion and implement process improvement.
- Responsible to communicate with Material Control department to ensure proper parts are available for each job to prevent interruption of production while meeting customer requirements
- Maintain consistent communication with Altec Sales Account Managers in the territory to foster positive relationships between the account manager, technician and customer
Foster team spirit in concert with Altec Values to maintain a successful Service Group within the overall Altec organization.
Competitive pay which rewards performance and Comprehensive benefits
Altec Industries Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Altec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.