Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation and supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circle's payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle's SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle's suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you'll be part of:
With the mission "To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value," Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is seeking an experienced Talent & HR Coordinator to manage the Talent Team's day-to-day logistical and administrative responsibilities. This individual will be a tech-savvy, multitasking professional with a demonstrated aptitude for creating and streamlining processes pertaining to employee development and program coordination. Effective cross departmental and cross geographical coordination will be an essential part of this individual's success. An upbeat and optimistic personality will lend itself well to helping Circle's Talent organization achieve its goal of the highest level of employee satisfaction possible.
What you'll work on:
- Create and manage a calendar for Circle University and additional talent programs
- Market available Talent programs to employees and provide necessary information about sessions; encourage participation and track progress
- Design, prepare and order developmental aids and materials and recommend materials and resources based on audience needs
- Gather and analyze information from employees, trainers and management on Talent programs and trainings (including employee engagement exercises, employee resource groups, etc)
- Help with new-hire procedures, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee onboarding plans and files, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Support Talent Management with rolling out programs such as performance reviews, engagement surveys, quarterly Circle awards, etc)
- Support the Talent Development, Talent Management, and Talent Operations team with preparing presentation decks, surveys and forms, etc
- Provide event support for co-wide meetings and events led by the Talent team
- Provide general administrative support including calendar management, organizing meetings, travel administration, and expense reporting as needed
- Under the leadership of the Talent Leadership team, be a vital source of human resources information, answering any questions employees may have
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- First and foremost - a strong desire to help people succeed in a professional environment. This role is responsible for creating an incredible employee experience for all Circlers through program management and operational excellence.
- 1+ years of experience as a Talent or Learning Coordinator or a role with similar similar responsibilities in a professional organization
- Experience or a strong desire to gain hands-on experience coordinating multiple learning events across multiple time zones, regions and audiences
- Knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools is preferred but not required
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.