From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
Hiring Manager : Cynthia Tremblay
Workplace : Montreal (2020 Robert-Bourassa Blvd) or Saint-Hyacinthe (2450 Girouard West)
You like to work in a collaborative environment and help to give value to company data? Here’s a great opportunity for you! We are looking for a Business Analyst Specialist to integrate and make available in our data warehouses from the company’s underwriting systems.
- As a Business Analyst Specialist, you play a vital role of translator and facilitator between Business, IT and Quality Assurance. You will be part of a small squad with the sole purpose of creating and enhancing the functionalities of our Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- Organise and facilitate requirements gathering workshops.
- Do impact assessment and effort estimation to help prioritize and approve solution.
- Document solution using efficient methods while interacting with Business users and IT teams.
- Define mapping allowing data flow through different layers of the Data Warehouse
- Define business rules needed on the Data Warehouse in order to facilitate KPIs and Reporting definition
- Support the solution development as well as technical analysis done by the team
- Support QA activities and Acceptance testing
- Support the Product Owner in the definition and prioritisation of the backlog.
- Document User Stories so they are clear for the Developers and the QA team.
- Identify and communicate the Impact on business process in order to support change management with the data consumption teams
- Build and maintain a robust documentation available to all the Business stakeholders.
- 10 Years experience as Analyst (Functional, Business or IT)
- 10 Years experience in Business Intelligence or Data Warehousing
- Strong understanding of relational data modeling (Data Vault, 3NF, Dimensional)
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse solutions and IT ecosystems.
- Strong Oracle database knowledge and PL/SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) concepts
- Experience and knowledge of Insurance industry concepts.
- Assets: Data Vault 2.0, Analytix, WhereScape, SnowFlake, Contact PL, SAP Business Objects, Power BI, SAS Enterprise Guide, Jira et Confluence.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile framework (Scrum, Kanban)
- Bilingual (English, French)
- Friendly and client oriented
- Team Player, engaged and open
- Fast learner and curious about new technologies
- Comfortable in complex environments and multidisciplinary teams
- Passionate about data.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000