Microsoft is redefining the way people see the world and how they get things done through a transformation to a Mobile First, Cloud First company. Microsoft Devices - Xbox, Surface, Hololens and Surface Hub – are an essential part of this transformation.
As part of the Microsoft Windows & Devices organization, the Customer Repair Experience & Warranty team (“CREW”) is ensuring our customers have great experiences with our devices by reinventing the way we provide support services. CREW’s mission is to provide best-in-class warranty and repair experiences that enhance brand loyalty; our job is to ensure customers of Microsoft devices have the best experience no matter where they are and what they want to achieve. Ultimately, we are focused on ensuring these customers love our devices and choose to become repeat buyers and advocates.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of transforming the way we help customers and to be part of the development of new business capabilities. We are working across the company to rethink, reimagine and leap into a new world where the support that we provide for our devices gives us a competitive advantage in the market. We want to hear, “I buy Microsoft devices because the buying & support experience are the best available in the industry.” We believe that with the right talent and innovative thinking, we can make this vision a reality.
The person in this role will participate in architecting, launching, monetizing and managing profitable service offerings, and will deliver a premium experience across all commercial customer and partner touchpoints. A successful candidate in this role will deliver results that unblocks sales, increases CSAT (customer satisfaction), and reduces cost to serve.
- Being the voice of the customers, to build and execute a regional roadmap of capabilities and projects
- Proactively identifying, driving and communicating corrective measures with regional leaders and stakeholder teams that minimize the customer escalations
- Creating a serviceability footprint to our customers
- Supporting the Devices presales motion through Hardware Services and enabling revenue opportunities
- Deploying tools and processes to scale while maintaining compliance
- Monitoring operational performance that delivers the desired experience
- Owning regional communications related to post sales support
- Owning market requirements and benchmarking to drive and deliver a competitive Services ecosystem
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in Japanese (**this position is physically located in Japan)
- 8+ years of progressive experience in an operational or project or program management role, in a Customer Service, Supply Chain, Sales or Product Marketing environment
- 5+ years of experience in, and exposure to Hardware Services
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA)
- Proven program and project management skills
- Extensive cross-group coordination/collaboration
- Strong communication skills
- Polished written, presentation, and verbal communication skills at the executive level
- Experience working with key stakeholders and leaders
- Competency in the areas of cross group collaboration, analytical thinking and strategic development
- Strong organizational skills, excellent execution, and follow through skills
- Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business
- To manage confidentiality without exception
- Demonstrate and possess outstanding judgment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- An MBA or equivalent advanced degree
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.