Shift: Monday-Thursday; 7:00PM-5:30AM
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient’s and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Patient Access Team Lead will be responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the assigned Patient Access areas. This person will a variety of administrative and leadership tasks.
- Coordinate patient access activities, such as registration, billing, and scheduling
- Assist management in establishing and implementing goals for the department
- Serve as a liaison between clinical and administrative areas to ensure sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements
- Assist in monitoring budgets, staffing levels, quality measures, and/or regulatory compliance
- Responsible for running various reports for management review and distribution as directed
- Collect, coordinate, update, prepare and maintain various types of data for assigned area(s): logs, graphs, spreadsheets, statistics, productivity, budget information, policies, procedures, and presentations
- Coordinate and assist management in processing contracts with outside vendors, business associate’s agreements, security acknowledgements and similar contractual agreements and documentation
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least three years of experience supporting hospital staff
- Ability to work with multiple lines of leadership
- Must have work experience with Microsoft office products including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- In lieu of Associates degree, completion of degree requirements must be obtained within the first 18 months of hire and/or incumbent must have a minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a hospital or business setting.
- Medical Terminology knowledge
- Supervisory or Team Leader experience
- At least 3 years of experience supporting a Manager or Director in a Hospital setting
- Knowledge of revenue cycle, patient access, patient registration systems
- Successful Completion of the CPAR – Certified Patient Access Representative
- Knowledge of McKesson STAR
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information banding patients, etc.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items (over 50 lbs.).
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
R1 RCM Inc. (“the Company”) is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s employment practices , including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com