- Basic Qualifications:
- 10+ years of business development roles with quota, strategic analysis, or program/product management experience
- 7+ years selling technology (software and/or services) related to one of the following software categories: security, networking, dev/ops, database, storage, business intelligence or media to Mid-Market organizations
- Carried Sales Quota of greater than 2.5 MM USD
As the Business Development Manager for AWS Marketplace (BDM), you will help drive the growth and adoption of AWS Marketplace with Startups and SMB customers. The ideal candidate possesses a sales and business development background to drive revenue growth to revenue goals for software purchased via AWS Marketplace. We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit to establish AWS Marketplace as a key platform for software procurement and distribution. You should be self-motivated, customer-centric, and very delivery-focused with a track record of exceeding revenue goals. If you are someone who thrives in an environment where you are faced with new things every day and have the latitude to figure it out and run with it then we would like to hear from you.
The BDM will drive the adoption of AWS Marketplace with customers by working with the ISV sellers on marketplace and collaborating with AWS Account teams to ensure products and solutions land at our customers. Primary BDM responsibilities include driving the Procurement and IT relationships around the MP programs and platform. The technical solutions include security, networking, devops, database, storage, business intelligence, ML, IoT owning the day-to-day interactions with existing SMB customers to identify needs met through AWS Marketplace. BDM will align with the MP extended teams to build scale for our field facing programs. The BDM will be part of a team that serves as trusted advisor to the area sales leadership and liaison to various internal teams.
The ideal candidate will possess the knowledge of software procurement process and have the technical depth to easily communicate the benefits of deploying AWS Marketplace products to CIO, CPO, VP Infrastructure, IT architects and engineering teams across the application layers of security, networking, dev/ops, database, storage, business intelligence and media. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses and be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, enterprise applications, and market analysis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Driving outcomes for customers through the adoption of the MP Service
- Business Development Manager (individual contributor) that works with AWS Sales and Solution Architects to meet or exceed assigned AWS Marketplace revenue goals
- Liaison from MP for the AWS Field sales team they are aligned to as well as the extended MP team for field and ISV facing programs that align to Americas.
- Software selling background, familiarity with AWS ISV partner ecosystem
- Exhibits proactive ability, very astute in setting customer discussions via AWS sales, Professional Services, SA, MP Channel, MP ISV, and Partner teams
- Comfortable managing the sales adoption cycle of an opportunity and will partner with various teams to develop, propose and close new business through AWS Marketplace
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the Marketplace features and programs can help address and resolve these issues
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of AWS Marketplace products, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics for the area
- Educate and enable the sales teams and increase visibility of AWS Marketplace products across all relevant AWS teams
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market. Travel up to 40% within assigned geography to meet with customers, prospects, partners, account teams.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. S3, EC2), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.”
- Experience within technology ISV ecosystem
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Business development experience with quota, strategic analysis, or program/product management experience
- Negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
- Analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the Partner Channel ecosystem and insights related to cloud computing and IT
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
- Local Business Contacts within assigned sales region
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records