Novetta is seeking a highly motivated Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) looking for hands-on experience and an opportunity for career growth. The successful candidate will work both independently and as a team member, must be a quick learner, self-motivated, reliable, able to transition strategic vision into actionable plans, and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously. This role is in support of multiple, force protection systems involving Microsoft, Linux, and Virtualized (VMware) services. Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will facilitate compliance with NIST's Risk Management Framework, SP 800-53 security controls, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
- Identify, Select, and Implement applicable security controls for various operating systems and applications IAW NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Assist in developing ATO Packages and ATO supporting documentation. Examples are: SSPs, RARs, POA&Ms, SCTMs, RTMs, SLCMs, SARs, Certification Test Reports, Briefings, and Training products.
- Collaborate with DevOps Engineers, Software Developers and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure these innovative solutions and tools are supported through the RMF steps.
- Develop and maintain bodies of evidence (BOE) for managed information systems, custom application, services, and networks.
- Develop and disseminate system security policies, processes, and likewise governing products in service of maintaining a low operational risk picture.
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including vulnerability assessments, auditing, security event log review and analysis.
- Analyze issues and recommend alternative solutions to customers and the operational community.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Linux-based servers and services.
- Perform hardening steps and maintain the security posture of the Linux machines
- Design and develop OS system configurations for software packages
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and relationship with colleagues and clients.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Must have the ability to translate technical concepts to semi-technical clients.
- BA/BS/MS degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or equivalent IT certified experience.
- Possess and maintain DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level II certification (Sec+ or equivalent). IAT/IAM III preferred (CISSP, CASP, CISM)
- Conduct INFOSEC and Cybersecurity assessment testing and reporting in accordance with the RMF and NIST 800 53; identifies deficiencies and documents them as Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) and provides recommendations for solutions in line with best practices and security industry standards.
- Support the architecture, design, implementation, and sustainment of IA and information security functionality to facilitate the design, prototype, and development of unique analytical tools to enable the manipulation of extremely large data sets and real-time systems.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Windows and Linux servers, workstations.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities to recommend, implement, and evaluate mitigation strategies.
- Must possess knowledge and experience using DoD tools and capabilities for vulnerability assessments (HBSS ePO, ACAS, STIGs, SRGs, SCAP, XCCDF, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and operate ACAS Security Center and Nessus servers, including installing patches, updating software, and managing scan jobs and reports.
- Skilled in using analytical and critical thinking while conducting audits and assessments of moderately complex technical systems.
- Certifications: Cloud certification (AWS, Azure, etc.), MCSE, Linux+
- Experience working in a DevSecOps project environment
- Red Hat Certified (RHCE/RHCSA)
- Formerly or currently a system engineer or developer experience
- Experience with MS Active Directory, Windows, Linux, AWS Security, etc.
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple different efforts as needed
- Experience with eMass, XACTA
- Active US government TS/SCI security clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity â€¢ We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success â€¢ We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus â€¢ We invest in our employees' professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation â€¢ We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution â€¢ We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.