At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
Role Description: The Jr. Loan Originator assists and registers all loans under the guidance of a Sr. Loan Originator. The Jr. LO role serves as an entry level professional sales position into the mortgage sales environment. This role will Initiate and develop relationships with existing and new customers, builders and industry related representatives to identify and close loan opportunities in support of the department’s revenue and profit goals, as assigned by their Sales Manager and designated Sr. LO . Assist in the identification and implementation of enhancements to site procedures, training and technology in support of the enhancement of customer retention/satisfaction, the revenue and profitability objectives of the Consumer Banking Group.
1. Partner with the Sr. LO to identify opportunities and sell appropriate FNBO products and services as a part of every customer interaction while ensuring compliance with the established processes and groups.
- Meet and/or exceed defined monthly sales goals. (As assigned by Sr. LO)
- Register all loans under the Sr. Loan Officer’s direction.
- Properly ensure the completion of any loans referred by Manager or Sr. LO.
- Conduct outbound prospecting and sales as new Business Development initiative and programs are implemented by Management. (As assigned by Sr. LO)
- Contribute to the overall success of FNBO by actively listening and referring customers to alternative products/services offered within the bank.
- Establish relationships with local and national business groups including chambers of commerce and other professional and business networking groups.
2. Partner with Sr. LO in Conducting research and analysis to identify untapped market segments. Develop plans and work collaboratively with other FNBO/FNNI representatives to develop presence and value adding programs/solutions for those markets.
3. Demonstrate organizational advocacy through positive teamwork, trust and mutual respect for customers and employees. Develop and implement initiatives that reinforce the mission and vision of the Consumer Banking Group and align to delivering ultimate consumer lending experience.
- Ensure implementation and adoption for the mission, vision and values of the Consumer Banking Group.
- Ensure markets deliver the ultimate lending experience.
- Provide an individualized and meaningful quality customer experience by engaging the customer, employees, and communities through accountability and mutual respect, integrity, unity, passion and listening to the needs of the customer and employees.
- Seek opportunities and drive development within assigned role. Increase revenue and reduce expenses while emphasizing Consumer Banking Group’s core mission, vision and values.
4. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of current Consumer Lending operating procedures and products and services offered.
- Effectively utilize knowledge and all resources available to support team member competency development.
- Update written procedures as changes occur.
5. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
6. Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Complete special projects as assigned within allotted time frames.
- Be accountable for continuous best efforts to complete the job assigned.
- Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
- Practice FNBO values and support the goals and strategic plan by operating by way of the First National Operating Philosophy.
- Be proactive and respectful in all relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience, and Physical Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent
Strong desire in exceeding in sales
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated customer service skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications
Occasional availability to assist customers on evenings and weekends
Mortgage industry knowledge and experience to include pricing and various underwriting requirements
Previous experience in a sales role
This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, credit fitness and criminal background standards. Successful candidates must meet ongoing regulatory requirements including acceptable background investigation and credit report results.
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.