For over 30 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide – more than any other video communications service provider – Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking a Program Manager to serve as the primary business owner and contact for the assigned client and is responsible for client satisfaction. This position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the Program Manager will build relationships with clients and their vendors to encourage new and repeat business opportunities as well as develop internal relationships. The program manager is responsible for the Profit and Loss on their individually assigned accounts in order to ensure that the account reaches the desired level of profitability within Yorktel. The program manager will have responsibility for contract adherence and governance as well as overall accountability for all projects and services provided to the client. The Program Manager will partner with the Yorktel Strategic Account Manager to understand client drivers and initiatives to develop a strategic plan that furthers the relationship between Yorktel and the client.
This position reports directly to the SVP of Global Customer Success who will provide direction and support to the Program Manager in regard to the following areas; development and improvement, career development and client escalation issues. This position will also work closely with various departments to identify, develop and deploy service offerings and lead strategic engagements with major customers to increase the use of Yorktel Services and ensure customer satisfaction. This position will enlist the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and company resources as needed. This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
Depth of Knowledge Required:
Appropriate business acumen focusing on financial and resource management as well as personnel management is required. This position is responsible for overall client satisfaction and profitability of their assigned accounts. Areas requiring demonstrated knowledge include but are not limited to the assigned functions associated with personnel along with development and implementation of processes, procedures, and guidance to ensure optimized customer satisfaction and delivery.
Authority and Decision-Making Capabilities:
This position will have the authority to regularly direct the work of their assigned team and account. This position will work to prioritize work load and delegate the appropriate work to meet the needs of the client. This position will also have the responsibility, authority, and accountability to provide decisions on employee hiring, employee discipline, employee performance management, and employee issues. Resolution of client and employee issues will be made within the Yorktel guidelines of established policies and procedures. The Program Manager will take direction from the client and Sales and will have discretion to use whatever resources needed to ensure customer expectations are met within the terms of the contract and/or work with internal teams to come up with alternate solutions that are within the Yorktel offering.
Leadership and Supervisory Role:
This position will have the ability to direct a team of managers and employees providing direction, coaching, and feedback on performance objectives and career development. This position serves as a resource within the account for specific skills, knowledge, and experience surrounding field engineering and production. This position may regularly oversee numerous employees at any given time and is responsible for all facets of employee development and leadership within the assigned team.
- Quarterly assessment of assigned account focusing on profit and loss and customer satisfaction issues.
- Monthly review and report on financials of assigned account.
- Monthly KPI and trending reporting
- Regular updates on key projects and services
Leadership and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Provide strong leadership and clear customer centric direction for the assigned, dedicated team on a daily basis.
- Responsible for weekly timesheet approval, expense approval, scheduling of vacation time, and management of sick leave and absences.
- Interview and hiring, as required for all positions at assigned account.
- Create employee development plans, provide coaching, address disciplinary, and employee concerns.
- Respond with a sense of urgency when receiving customer correspondence that suggests customer satisfaction or retention is in jeopardy.
- Increase management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers and team members.
- Communicate values, strategy, and company objectives to all assigned team members in an effective manner.
- Create continuity plan for staff absences.
Internal and External Relationship Responsibilities:
This position regularly influences internal and external customers to achieve a mutually desirable outcome. This position will make recommendations to internal parties with regard to concerns or issues and ensure resolution of any problems working closely in conjunction with assigned team members. This position requires regular planning and team work in order to assist with the coordination of resources within Yorktel to support clients. This position must regularly communicate answers to complex questions and respond to detailed inquiries about client issues or concerns. This position handles and is expected to protect all internal confidential information and must utilize discretion and judgment based on company policies and procedures.
- Customer Advocate.
- Drive service initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Maintain governance of the assigned account including, but not limited to;
- Understand contract deliverables and ensure adherence to the contract.
- Schedule manage and present governance meetings.
- Quarterly assessment of assigned account focusing on profit and loss, Operational success and customer satisfaction issues.
- Monthly report of growth opportunities within the current account.
- Monthly SLA and services reporting.
- Work with Finance to validate all invoices for services under scope.
- Act as single point of contact for assigned account.
- Responsible for interaction with Yorktel Sales and Operations departments to ensure the successful execution of all projects to customer satisfaction.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profit and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- In partnership with the account manager, leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an on-going basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- In conjunction with the Account Manager, completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Accountable for client (both internal and external) satisfaction; maintain/builds effective working relationships.
- Works cross-functionally to solve Department problems and implement process changes.
- Analyzes decisions and actions for their support of the larger area's strategic direction.
- Works with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
- Utilizes a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives.
- Uses knowledge of general financial and accounting principles to understand and communicate how decisions affect bottom line of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years proven experience as a Program Manager or Project Manager.
- Experience in managing staff.
- 5+ years managing complex, multi-thread projects.
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and methods.
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office/O365 and related collaboration tools.
- Knowledge of and adherence to York Telecom policies and procedures.
- May require occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking.
- Limited weekend and/or night work may be required.
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area.
- International travel may be required.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license is a requirement and must have a positive driver’s abstract.
- Current valid U.S. Passport is desirable.
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Job Type: Full-time