About the Team
Our mission on the Work Post Sale Team is to retain and grow our customers who use the services and products offered by the DoorDash for Work business, while building a best in class customer experience. The Customer Success team, which sits within the Post Sale org, is focussed primarily on supporting all of our self-serve customers while also providing an added level of customer support to our mid-size and Enterprise customers. The team's mission is underscored by the significance we place on a customer first approach to ensure our customers’ enduring satisfaction with our products and service.
Customer Success is a fantastic stomping ground for employees to build both hard and soft skills, develop their customer relationship skills, sales development skills, deploy strategic thinking to solve tough customer problems and work collaboratively with cross functional partners to be the conduit between our customers’ greatest needs and what solutions we can build to address those needs.
About the Role
U.S. businesses spend over $20 billion annually on meals and catering, making DoorDash a compelling solution given our deep merchant partnerships, wide restaurant selection, and strong operations.
As the Senior Manager for Customer Success on the DoorDash for Work team, you will be responsible for managing both managers and individual contributors whose core responsibilities focus on the successful onboarding of all our customers and the broader customer success of our self-serve customer base. It is a multi-faceted role in that it requires you to be a strong people leader in your ability to direct your team's efforts to drive key business metrics, while also taking a people first approach in developing and mentoring both individual contributor and manager level team members.
The role operates with a high level of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment that has to deal with a lot of change as the Work business evolves with each new iteration of this growing business. The role is responsible for annual and quarterly planning cycles for the team, defining the short, mid, and long term vision for the customer success operation, and driving all three facets of the Post Sale business for our self-serve customer base, those being retention, growth, and customer experience. This is a highly visible role that requires comfort in reporting to senior leadership on key business objectives and outlining requirements/needs to achieve these, while also working with cross-functional leaders across DoorDash to ensure success.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead – Manage a team of managers and individual contributors that work to retain, grow and support our self-serve customers, while also leading the onboarding team in successfully bringing customers onto the platform.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Account Management, Support, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales teams to improve the customer experience and achieve revenue goals.
- Strategize – Work with our sales, support and strategy teams to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for retaining and growing our self-serve customer base.
- Customer Success - Manage a team of customer success reps that act as our escalation point for both support and sales teams. This team is critical in solving the most complex customer problems both from an internal and external perspective.
- Onboarding - Oversee the onboarding operations for all of our customers, SMB through Enterprise.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of customer acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments. Forecast and evaluate OKR achievement for our self-serve book of business.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from new retention initiatives, to increasing education levels of our customers to reduce support and escalation costs.
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team. Coaching others and seeing them achieve their goals gives you energy.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions. You can manage a geographically distributed team and remotely liaise with central functions.
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You enjoy solving problems through collaboration with others.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- 8+ years of experience in support / strategy / business development / sales / account management / technology / or related experience
- 4+ years management experience owning both individual and shared goals
- Experience in a client facing, support or account management role
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator who will ‘close the distance’ between Customer Success, our customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with small and medium businesses and/or tech preferred
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Spanish language skill is a plus
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.